• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No excuse to hope they lose. I hate Bracewell as well but I want the players to succeed. I've only heard the Peter Fulton interview and he sounded confident, not ****y and believe me the Black Caps will be focused for this series because they know what will happen if they lose.
Daniel Vettori "We've got Bangladesh next, so we're pretty happy about that"

Sounds like blatant arrogance IMO, and as much as I like our players to be confident, it borders on stupid when Bangladesh could well defeat us.

Flem274*

123/5
Daniel Vettori "We've got Bangladesh next, so we're pretty happy about that"

Sounds like blatant arrogance IMO, and as much as I like our players to be confident, it borders on stupid when Bangladesh could well defeat us.
Would you rather "Blangladesh next, we're **** scared they'll beat us" Hmm? It was a slight joke seeing as we had our asses handed to us on a plate by Aus and SA and he was commetning he was happier to be playing less dificult opposition because they are less dificult opposition. Now I don't know about you but I will always, always barrack for NZ. I want us to win no matter whos playing in our team or who the coach is.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
You think anything will change in the Black Caps or NZC set up if we win both of these series? No. Besides, the media and players are taking it pretty lighly and it would be awesome to see Bangladesh stick it to them and win.
Deport Perm to Christmas Island, post haste.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless Bangladesh sort out their woeful batting performances there won't be no hope. They have a pretty decent bowling attack with Mortaza being the seam bowler, and Shadat Hossain providing the bursts of speed. It's unfortunatue to lose Syed Rasel, who bowls line and length with Vaas like accuracy, which can be a good foil for other rwo attacking seamers. Here we have a big hole in their bowling line up. Sakib Al Hasan will be the all rounder for them.

Abdur Razzaq is fantastic in ODIs but needs to talk to a legend like Warne or murali to ort out his problems with flight in test matches.

BTW where is Enamul Haq jnr?

Perm

Was Michael Bracewell playing today for the Under 19's? Remember playing footy against him, was gun at that too.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Any decent players in that under19 side, I cant watch the match..any info would be appreciated

Athlai

Not Terrible
I didn't see any of the batting so can't help you there.

But Nick Beard looked great with the ball, practically Vettori-esque.

Flem274*

123/5
Any decent players in that under19 side, I cant watch the match..any info would be appreciated
Kane Williamson, Corey Anderson, George Worker and Greg Morgan with the bat.

Trent Boult, Greg Morgan, Nick Beard and Corey Anderson with the ball.

It was a shame they had a batting collapse, it was some good 135+ bowling from Nash and Walmesly and I imagine Parore chatting away in your ear wouldn't be the funnest thing ever either. The all looked good just lost concentration and played a silly shot. They'll learn though. The bowlers looked pretty good, that Boult kid has some talent. Already quick and he isn't very bulky so we can get some more pace out of him. Gets huge swing too.

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Can any NZ people inform of us about this young Southee. Is he a serious possibility for rapid promotion or is this just a nice touch to play him in this game.

Perm

He's a very good young prospect, but he isn't likely to be in the senior side anytime soon. Definitely see him having a big future though. I think it was Dennis Lillee who said "He is better than McGrath when McGrath was his age" when Southee was at the MRF Pace Academy with Dayle Hadlee.

Perm

We should be 4 or 5 down by now. Disgraceful umpiring, and some awesome bowling from Bangladesh. Fielding has been top notch too, and the enthusiasm can't be faulted. They are looking sharp :D

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
NZ XI defending 133, chaseable . Not a full team for the Kiwi's obviously but if the Bangladeshi’s mange to win this it will be a real confidence boost after getting kicked by the state teams.

Fiery

Banned
NZ XI defending 133, chaseable . Not a full team for the Kiwi's obviously but if the Bangladeshi’s mange to win this it will be a real confidence boost after getting kicked by the state teams.
NZ doesn't have states

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
NZ doesn't have states
Sorry Fiery, slip up in my writing. I know you get fired up by people saying the wrong thing about New Zealand so accept my apologies please.

Its particularity embarrassing as I'm paid in my job to understand New Zealand politics and economy.