• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
remember when we had arguements (well, not really) about putting McMillan on the allrounders best list and u sed no way so i voted for other?? today on the cricket Tony Greig was going on about the NZ team being good and he went around all the players and when he went to McMillan he sed one of the best allrounders in the world!! AHAH, and he wasn't looking at Cairns either

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Looking at McMillan's stats I wouldn't call him a top class all rounder.

Great Test batsman (average 43), but bowling of over 40, and in ODI's, 25 with the bat and 30 with the ball.

Useful All round Cricketer, but nowhere near the quality of Kallis, Pollock, Cairns etc.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not sure. They're 2 different players. McMillan is a front line batsman who can bowl a few overs, Harvey is a number 7 or 8, who you can rely on to bowl his 10 and be very good, especially at the death.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
you wuld have to compare Macmillan to Players like Shane Lee, Tendulkar and Carl Hooer, Lehman, Blewett - a batsman who bowls resonably often

and i would not rate him against any of theese players

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunately for Macca he has the ability to be a great player but he just seems to throw his wicket away.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I agree with agemaster's comment. He's more than a Greg Blewett, Darren Lehmann, etc player.

Batsman who bowls a little. He could develop into an allrounder in the future though as his bowling definately has talent.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Isn't bad though but he does need to work on his line and length a bit more.

He's a bit erratic don't you think?

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
If he can consistently land the ball in the right spot all the time then he could become a world beater.

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
I think the best all-rounder in the world at the minute is Jacques Kallis. He can bat brilliantly which is why he's good enough to come in at number three. He can bowl consistently and whilst Pollock is missing will be one of the main strike bowlers along with Makhaya Ntini.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
yeah he can, and yes, MACCA is a "tad" to erratic, but thats why i like him. something is happening when he is fielding, batting or bowling