• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb Premier A Squad

Kimbo

International Debutant
Batting: ave: 25.67
10 innings, 7 not outs.

Bowling: econ. 3.45 ave. 32.08

(all one day games)

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Sorry about playing the Devil's advocate, but i doubt this game will be played fairly.

REASONS:
1. Every body will have beefed up there stats to make them feels bigger and to show that they are great. I didn't do this though. :) Why improve perfection?

2. Every body plays in a different league, so each players stats are different. An average on 10 in Perth, maybe great while an average of 25 in Calcutta may be crud.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Paid The Umpire said:
Sorry about playing the Devil's advocate, but i doubt this game will be played fairly.

REASONS:
1. Every body will have beefed up there stats to make them feels bigger and to show that they are great. I didn't do this though. :) Why improve perfection?

2. Every body plays in a different league, so each players stats are different. An average on 10 in Perth, maybe great while an average of 25 in Calcutta may be crud.
Yup. That's right. If i have those type of averages then i would have been in the papers and very very close to selection for a state age level team.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I think my stats are for real and most people i look at here i doubt if they beefed it up a bit , and neither have all of us added other stats like i havent got stats for the season before last and previous were i did quite well too

we will see

Kimbo

International Debutant
It also depends on what kind of cricket youve been playing. for example... i play one day cricket so i would appear more expensive than a two day player, and i have less runs and more not outs (as the best damn number 10 in the league.. why oh why am i not opening... :( ).

my stats are true though- straight off the club website... they are however obviously not beefed up... :(

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
*news flash*

*george bush hits iraq cause he got bored of hitting nothing in afghanistan*

*Cricketweb Premier A has named their squad to tour the 1sts*

Squad in batting order for the 1st O.D.I

Mr Mxyzptlk
Argonaut
Paid_the_Umpire
Ryan_t2002 ( W.k )
Sunil Havascar ( V.Cap )
MasterBlaster
Lord_of_Darkness ( Cap )
LuckyEddie
Umpire Money
David
Vishnureddy

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea i think its quite a strong team

Dont worry lucky u will be promoted but i just want to see how this goes

Paid u are in 3 as a pinch hitter as u play an openers role it shouldnt be hard to go crazy against the 1st bowlers :)

yea it is a good squad should be a good contest against the 1sts

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
lord_of_darkness said:

Dont worry lucky u will be promoted but i just want to see how this goes

7 or 8's fine by me. I aim to be the AA of the side (which means you can drop me for a year and I'll carry the drinks - or the Inzy of the side so you lot can play and I'll eat all the pies)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Lol mate if i made u 12 th man wed be playing with 10 players !!

anyway our squads got a tight budget cant afford to buy drinks everyone get ur own vodka

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
anyway our squads got a tight budget cant afford to buy drinks everyone get ur own vodka
Looking at his photo I'm guessing that's not his chosen poison :lol: