Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woolmer may replace Wright as coach of Ind

*Back on topic*

Woolmer is now being linked with the WI job and is tipped to take over soon.
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

Rik
    I thought he gave up coaching Warwickshire so he could spend more time in SA with his family...coaching India won't help him in that respect.
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    He's had meetings with a view to taking over the Windies!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Rik
    Originally posted by marc71178
    He's had meetings with a view to taking over the Windies!
    Catch some surf?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Catch some surf?
    .....and coach the West Indies in his spare time.....
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Rik
    Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    .....and coach the West Indies in his spare time.....
    We all know which one he's there for though

Originally posted by luckyeddie
    He'll make his only appearance in the final against Kenya - sorry, Australia, score 179* and take 8-11
    Wouldn't that be 1 for 79 while bowling and 8 runs off 11 balls while batting....?:P
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Rik
    Originally posted by anilramavarma
    Wouldn't that be 1 for 79 while bowling and 8 runs off 11 balls while batting....?:P
    Nah he usually scores at more than a run a ball

Originally posted by Rik
    Nah he usually scores at more than a run a ball
    Ok...Ok I concede the point, 11 runs in 8 balls then....

Rik
    Originally posted by anilramavarma
    Ok...Ok I concede the point, 11 runs in 8 balls then....
    That I will agree

Tim
    I don't know why India would want to let John Wright go now, especially to NZ.

It was not John Wright's fault that India stumbled in NZ, he can't go & tell every batsmen to change their techniques totally & why would you want to with Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dravid etc?

But clearly here you can see how he's changed India cricket for the better..starting with the fielding. Yuvraj & Kaif are outstanding fielders but its unlikely they'd figure in the team with another coach because he'd be more obsessed with all the batting talent in India. John Wright knows that if you have good fielders you can really lift your bowlers & then everything clicks.
    I know there would be a huge temptation to tell Srinath to go & retire especially with all the younger talent around but you can already see through this World Cup how his experience is so invaluable to Zaheer & Nehra not to forget he's also bowling damn well on flat decks.

The other thing i've noticed is that India are mentally tougher, a few years ago if they were challenged they would back off but these days its much the opposite.
    I bring alot of this down to John Wright & if India were to drop him I think it would be a big mistake.

I don't think most people in India want him to leave. Nobody said about him after the NZ tour as well. It's only some of the people who are in power like Dalmiya. Infact Ganguly most of the times says that Wright should be there with the Indian Cricket as long as possible. Now there is a talk that Dalmiya is trying for Sandip Patil now. But all the players are very much interested with Wright and the 2 physios. It will be interesting how they will react when Dalmiya tries to remove him.

Tim
    Well i've been posting on other forums for awhile now & there are still some Indian supporters out there very much opposed to John Wright.

But I can tell you, India's improvement in the fielding especially did not just happen without some dedication.

Yup. I also heard some time back that he was the first to treat all the people equally. Earlier Caoches used to give much importance to Sachin, Kumble,Srinath,etc,. That lead to more involvment of the younger players also. Thats why maybe Ganguly likes him b'coz he was treated unfairly in 1991 in Aus and was said that he didn't carry drinks b'coz he is from Royal Family and then sourav was dropped after 1 match till he played again in 1996. Yes most of the credit goes to Wright and Ganguly also.

Now his contract is only going to be extended temporarily and will be decided after that. Also Tim, some recent opinion polls conducted by some magazines and news channels showed that above 80 % want him to stay on all the polls and about 10 % undecided and another 10% want him not to be there. But any way he will not be removed as long as Dravid and Ganguly are there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information