• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umpires will no longer consult players over bad light.....

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
........in County Cricket from next season.

There are times when batsman are quite happy to stay and would rather not be offered the light but go off when offered for fear of getting out and there are times when they stay on when it's very dark to suit their team. Of all the issues in First Class Cricket that need to be addressed I'm not convinced that this was top of the list.:mellow:

I can't see your honour

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bad light is a tricky issue and one that has always been hopelessly skewed towards batsmen. Needs addressing even if there are other things that need it more.

People tell me that light-meters take different readings for the same light on different grounds, which makes precisely no sense whatsoever. If this is the case, the meters are designed dreadfully and we need something that will do the job properly.

Flem274*

123/5
Bad light is a tricky issue and one that has always been hopelessly skewed towards batsmen. Needs addressing even if there are other things that need it more.

People tell me that light-meters take different readings for the same light on different grounds, which makes precisely no sense whatsoever. If this is the case, the meters are designed dreadfully and we need something that will do the job properly.
Spot the bowler.

I agree though, spot the other bowler.