• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

could a player hit a six out of the mcg with a late cut

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
After having a tour of the place last month, I never realised just how high those stands reached. We went the day after the Melbourne Cup and my hangover-induced nausea turned into vertigo when I went right to the top of the northern stand. My mates were taking the piss out of me as I walked down holding the steel bannister - apparently if I was leaning any further back, I could have done a limbo.

But, to cut a dull anecdote short, there's no way it could happen nowadays at least.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
i personally think gilchrist can do it. what do you reckon?
If it has to be done - with a late cut that is - it doesn't need the brute force of a Gilchrist. It will need the speed and bounce of a really fast bowler and the perfect timing of a master batsman to tip it over.

Mind you if it is a late cut that is. A slash or a snick is a different matter.