• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

could a player hit a six out of the mcg with a late cut

haroon510

International 12th Man
Everyone is forgeting this but i think Jayasuriya could have done... he is the king of cut shots...

bond21

Banned
It would be impossible.

It is an achievement to cut a ball for six, let alone into the crowd.

The mere legistics of it defy all logical reasoning, most all balls are on their way down into the crowd, it would have to keep rising, which i cant see it doing with a late cut shot.

Eclipse

International Debutant
noo but i have seen him hiting big sixes with that late cut shot?

hey i just said his name cuz he plays that shot better than anyone else..
ummm no..

even on a straight hit or midwicket hit which can obviously be hit much further than the cut shot it would be impossible. I doubt any player could even hit it halfway out.

bond21

Banned
Even Brett Lee who is one of the biggest six hitters in the world only just got it out of the Gabba with a shot over mid wicket.

cut shot out of the mcg would be impossible.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's possible if he manages to send it out the gate, up the stairs, across the walkway, and then out the entrance doors.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's possible if he manages to send it out the gate, up the stairs, across the walkway, and then out the entrance doors.
Alternatively, it could land in the beer of a drunk patron in the first row who heads off to the loo immediately, only to take a wrong turn and end up outside gate 3.