• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Western Australian selection team has done it again........

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,6069189-23212,00.html

For crying out loud, what the hell is their problem?!?!?

How do you drop a player like Mike Hussey?!?!? Sure he's not performed up to his usual standards this season but he's still averaging 40. Either way, you don't just drop a player like Hussey. If they did, maybe NSW should just drop Steve Waugh.........

And how about Campbell? He's averaging 42 this season as a wicket-keeper batsman!

Callum Thorp has been one of WA's best bowlers in the ING Cup this year averaging around 21, yet he's now dropped.

No kidding, the WA selectors have got problems. It seems they have the uncanny knack of making the most bone-headed decisions of all time. From when they dumped Graeme Wood as captain after two Seffield Shield wins in a row to when they unceremoniously dumped one of their best ever 'keepers, Tim Zoehrer.

I still say that the prevailing attitude in those selectors and selection meetings is the reason why WA haven't won anything for a while; no player seems safe anymore.

Rich2001

International Captain
Quote From The Link Provided By Top_Cat

Chairman of selectors Wayne Hill said with WA out of contention for the final, the last match of the regular season presented an opportunity for some of the young Warriors.
That seems a fair enough reason to me, and all teams do it... I could understand your point if it was big match or half-way through the season... but a match that means nothing is a good oppotunity to give the fringe players a run out.

Top_Cat

I don't agree. You always field your best team and WA's best team includes Mike Hussey and Ryan Campbell, particularly considering their experience. Drop some of the others not performaing but those two??? Trust me, Rich, WA has a history of destroying players' careers.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I agree with Rich. If the match is inconsequential, I would give some younger/lesser played players a shot to get some experience.

Top_Cat

Yeah all well and good but imagine if you will, to use a local reference, if Guyana dropped Carl Hooper to 'give the young players a go'. Sounds rediculous? It's almost akin to dropping Mike Hussey. Campbell has played for Australia this season and kept in all Australia A games! Why would you then go and drop him?

All that replacing a team full of seasoned players with youngsters is going to do is to ensure that this team will get hammered. Pakistan showed that earlier in the year against Australia.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The point is that the game deosn't mean anything! Guyana has never been in a position where they can afford to drop Hooper except when he was a youngster!

Simon

theres more to it that dropping them to give guys a chance, i heard last night that they have both been linked to a move to SA. Hussey at a press conference was giving the impression that he might not play for WA again, i think this has something to do with the possible signing of Andy Flower to WA. funnily enough SA have had talks with Flower too.

Top_Cat

Guyana has never been in a position where they can afford to drop Hooper except when he was a youngster!
Considering WA's batting performances this year, I'd say they could ill-afford to drop Mike Hussey.