• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricInfo

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I got in to work today and tried to log into CricInfo and found that they want me to pay $12US for the priviledge. I don't recall seeing anything about this. I can't even get access to Baggy Green. Is there a way around this and does anyone know of another website that provides similar information.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Well I have been meaning to bring up for about a week now, since it was announced in fact, about this merging of cricinfo and wisden online.

It can only be bad news IMO. If you read the article on cricinfo, it mentions how wisden charge for access to most of their online resources. It also says it is not their intention to start doing likewise, but costs have to be met or something along those lines.

In other words give it 6 months and we'll all have to pay to use cricinfo (well we won't because alot of people won't pay). Which would really annoy me because there is so much stuff on that website which is incredibly useful.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What sort of stuff do you find useful on CricInfo?

I hope they start charging, would hopefully get more people here ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Stats-Guru and Ask Philip are the only things of any use, IMO.

Mind you, I used Ask Philip once and never got a reply.

To tell the truth, the only thing I'd like is their database.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Since I don't have Sky I would say it's the live matches and also the fact that I can keep up with everyone's average and the scores from round the world.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yep all the stats and scorecards like Neil says. Live coverage is excellent also.

Specifically - Statsguru, Player Profiles, Scorecards and database/archive in general.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
The stats-guru is superb I must say, but they do run an inferior Fantasy League ;)
Cricket 4's is quite a good alternative, not as in depth in as many fields, but if you want info on any players ever to play for the top nations, venues, Test/ODI etc then it holds it's own.

Cricket 4

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rather than starting a new topic to express this view, I thought I'd drag this one back from the dead.

What's up with the CricInfo headlines these days? Is it just me, or are they sensationalizing them? The other day, they said some thing to the effect of 'South Africa post massive total' and when I look, SA scored around 290.

Today, and I quote
Rudolph, Smith help South Africa post huge total
What's that huge total, you may ask? Well, its a mighty 261/5 :wow:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahhhh recycling are we Liam?

I suppose any score against Bangladesh is huge :rolleyes:

V Reddy

International Debutant
It's a bit late on the news too . Now i find it the first on BBC and Cricketnext and then after some time on CricInfo.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I agree, soon Cricinfo will be subsciption only and they will lose a huge amount of people. Hopefully they will all flood into here :D .

I find the fact that they host every countrys website, and all their provinces/states etc...Its very easy to navigate, and they cover all matches, big or small.