• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricInfo

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Once again I've decided to recycle this thread because, quite frankly I'm ****ed off at CricInfo.

I live in Trinidad as many of you know and usually it automatically attempts to log onto the US server (closest location) but 75% of the time, the server fails, so I have to log onto the UK server (second closest). Today, when I go to follow England's exploits against South Africa, neither of them are working. I had to log onto the Australian server- halfway across the world!! This really gets me in a good mood.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
As a matter of choice, I would take the Australian server above the others for collecting ball-by-ball commentaries.

They give you the facility to pick up the raw feed script in real time (uses chatroom-type technology) and it seems a lot more reliable.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I spent the whole World Cup using either the NZ, Aussie or Sri Lankan servers without much difficulty at all...

Stop whining ;)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
The Aus server is the best. Always on time, and sometimes faster then the TV.:D (Alright maybe not but it would be good if it happened.:P )

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
I spent the whole World Cup using either the NZ, Aussie or Sri Lankan servers without much difficulty at all...

Stop whining ;)
I have a right to whine...considering that the Aus server gives trouble as well.
Yeh the Aus server is very good. CricInfo isn't really that great though.
It used to be.

Craig

World Traveller
I like Cricinfo. The scorecards for every Test, ODI, every Test and ODI player, all records, it has it all stats wise. If Cricket Web had scorecards, stats and the like then it would be great.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I like Cricinfo. The scorecards for every Test, ODI, every Test and ODI player, all records, it has it all stats wise. If Cricket Web had scorecards, stats and the like then it would be great.
It'd also be a miracle since they're professionals with a budget running into millions...

Craig

World Traveller
Well Cricinfo is huge it has over a billion hits so Cricket Web is tiny.

cricket365.com is ok. Go to the look a likes, they are funny.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
It'd also be a miracle since they're professionals with a budget running into millions...
Cricket Web has a budget of millions, however the Cricket Web Bar that one of our staff runs seems to use 99.9% of our budget on it's orders... If you all drink less we would be ok :P :saint: :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rich2001 said:
Cricket Web has a budget of millions, however the Cricket Web Bar that one of our staff runs seems to use 99.9% of our budget on it's orders... If you all drink less we would be ok :P :saint: :lol:
Well I blame you for offering all WCC interviewers free drinks for life!

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Well I blame you for offering all WCC interviewers free drinks for life!
I seem to remember you stating recently that you reserve the right to refuse to serve whoever you wish. ;)