Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Your top ten TEST bowlers of ALL-TIME

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Congratulations. Do you know who the dad is?
    lol lol

Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2

W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Cameron+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Or underratedinsanity
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

I think that we should put a full-stop to this nonsense. Period.
    Len Hutton - Jack Hobbs - Ted Dexter - David Gower - Walter Hammond - Frank Woolley - Ian Botham - Alan Knott - Hedley Verity - John Snow - Fred Trueman

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Thank you. Finally someone gets it. The 80s are made out to be some era in which every bowling attack was full of deadly fast bowlers. Nothing could be further from the truth. Apart from the West Indies, most lineups had one great bowler, that's it. Attacks as a whole were hardly unplayable
    Cheers for that. In fact it seemed it wasn't a test match at all when other teams were playing after watching the WI. Though that was down to the fact the WI played at such a superior level.

Quote Originally Posted by Slifer View Post
    AWTA. Imo the best decade for fast bowling (that I've observed) has been the 90s where most teams had at least 2 very good to great fast bowlers for most of he decade, some in the lineup at the same time:

RSA: De Villiers, Donald, Pollock
    Oz: Fleming, Reifel, Mcgrath, Gillespie, Mcdermott
    Pak: Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib
    WI: Walsh Amby, Bishop
    Eng: Gough, Fraser, Caddick
    Zim: Streak
    Ind: Prasad, Srinath
    SL: Vaas
    Nz: Cairns, Bond (i know very briefly).

Yes I know many of the above bowlers played/debuted towards the tail end of the decade still doesn't detract from my overall point.
    I agree fine attacks there but always felt the majority were playable. Aus (with Warne to that list) were too good and SA struggled only against Aus. But after Waqar's injuries reduced his impact Pakistan could be managed for runs. In fact though they appeared all together the 3 Pakistani bowlers almost missed each other's peaks. Waqar and Wasim were dreamlike in the early 90s. Then Waqar descended from that level from abt the mid 90s. Akram then began to age by the late 90s while Akhtar's aeroplane didn't really take off until the new decade. It could be said that if oppositions could get past the "names" they would find Pakistan playable, with the qualification highlighted being the exception.
    Last edited by the big bambino; 02-03-2014 at 01:20 PM.

I set up UK English as the default language on my phone so my British words don't get auto corrected to their bastardised American versions. Notice how "bastardised" doesn't end with -ized.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread Information