• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your top 10 TEST batsmen of all-time

Days of Grace

International Captain
As for this exercise...should we do the honourable thing and give Braddles the top spot, then vote for our NEXT ten? With the good Doctor excluded due to the Test criteria, is there anyone (other than Heath) who is seriously going to nominate anyone other than The Don as number 1?
Nah, just stick with the original plan, me thinks. We should get at least 20 different batsmen voted for I think.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As for this exercise...should we do the honourable thing and give Braddles the top spot, then vote for our NEXT ten? With the good Doctor excluded due to the Test criteria, is there anyone (other than Heath) who is seriously going to nominate anyone other than The Don as number 1?
I'd imagine there are some members who will only vote for batsmen they have seen play.

ttm

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bradman
Hutton
Ponting
Hobbs
May
Walcott
Richards (Viv)
Sobers
Kallis
Hayden

adharcric

International Coach
pasag said:
Leaving out all current players so Tendulkar misses out.
Just out of curiosity, why would you do that? Is it all of a sudden easier to rate Lara now that he has retired from test cricket?

pasag

RTDAS
Just out of curiosity, why would you do that? Is it all of a sudden easier to rate Lara now that he has retired from test cricket?
Tbh, there was one spot left and I didn't want to decide between them, so I took the easy way out :shy:

adharcric

International Coach
Oh, and here's mine ...

Bradman
Sobers
Hobbs
Hammond
Tendulkar
Richards
Lara
Chappell
Gavaskar
Headley

White Lightning

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
based on stats, video snips, and anecdotes...

1 - Don Bradman
2 - Graeme Pollock
3 - Jack Hobbs
4 - Ken Barrington
5 - Gary Sobers
6 - Viv Richards
7 - Herb Sutcliffe
8 - Ricky Ponting
9 - Javed Maindad
10 - Sachin Tendulkar

for the record
11 - Brian Lara