• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flower to join Goodwin

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
He also has one in Essex...though why on earth he would want to live there is another thing...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Maybe Flower made all the protests because he was leaving anyway and didnt care that he got dropped? I would love to see him play in SA, Johnson played for Western Province... He wouldnt play for the national team though because it would take him ages to qualify, and SA have Boucher who is top class anyway...

As for Essex, well rather Flower lived there than me :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I think I'm speaking for all those who love the game when I say I hope he doesn't. It would be a terrible waste of a wonderful talent. I can see his point though, he's 34 and he's got to think about his future.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
well same happened with goodwin, he retired from internationals at the age of about 28
Yes but Flower has stayed this long despite all the problems he's had. And Goodwin just didn't like living in Zimbabwe, something he was required to do to play for Zimbabwe.

PY

International Coach
What exactly do they say about Essex boys? and try and make it something I haven't heard before??:saint:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Why do Essex girls have bruises on their navels? Because Essex boys ain't so bright either...:saint:

Anyway...

funky miller

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i read in the 'Herald Sun' that he has a house in adelaide and is having disscussions with a club side. it then said it might lead to him playing for South Aus.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Read the end of this Artical

I've never heard so much rubbish in my life, they did what they did because they wanted to, there were no other parties involved. As for Andy Flower being British, all I can say is "I WISH"

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, the Zanu-PF representative from the Information Ministry (now where have I heard of an organisation like that before? Oh yes, it was where Winston Smith used to work in the novel 1984)
has managed to produce a total mis-representation of the truth. Are you allowed to call politicians liars? No, ok, well, let's just say that he is taking the phrase 'economical with the truth' to new extremes.

Believe me, I think that it would certainly benefit Henry Olonga getting the hell out of the country at the earliest opportunity - and Andy'll not be far behind if he's got any sense.