• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Country's uncapped XI

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
He's already played ODI's, SBI.
**** - forgot that. Bailey for White, then.

And to even compare White's batting to Adams is insulting to White to be honest. He's a classy batsman - certainly would bat top six in most test sides in the world (you'd be tempted to say nearly every test side in the world outside of Australia).

Flem274*

123/5
**** - forgot that. Bailey for White, then.

And to even compare White's batting to Adams is insulting to White to be honest. He's a classy batsman - certainly would bat top six in most test sides in the world (you'd be tempted to say nearly every test side in the world outside of Australia).
He looks more like an inconsistent hitter to me. granted, I've only seen him in a few games last summer.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Hardly think watching him bat at seven in ODIs having to slog is a good representation of his abilities. I reckon he's better than your average lower order slogger.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
White is much better than Adams, but he's still not that good in the longer format. Does well for Somerset playing on an absolute road of a home ground, but isn't too flash in the Pura Cup. Also, I don't think he'd get anywhere near the other Test sides on batting alone, Bangladesh aside.

AB de Villiers
Ian Bell
VVS Laxman
Chamara Silva
Jacob Oram
Shoaib Malik
Runako Morton

Those are the #6 batsmen in world cricket at the moment, Ian Bell and VVS Laxman are far superior while Jacob Oram, Shoaib Malik and AB de Villiers are better too, by a reasonable distance IMO. Chamara Silva and Runako Morton are the only ones White is comparable too, and I still feel as though they are better.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
White would play ahead of Chamara Silva and whichever journeyman the Windies have playing for them. I also think he's a better player than AB de Villiers.

Despite his success in the current test, I'd take him ahead of Misbah whilst he'd definately be on the fringes for India and England.

I think the fact because he's a very average bowler distorts people's perceptions of him as a good batsman (who's been pretty good in recent years for a youngish bloke).

Perm

White would play ahead of Chamara Silva and whichever journeyman the Windies have playing for them. I also think he's a better player than AB de Villiers.

Despite his success in the current test, I'd take him ahead of Misbah whilst he'd definately be on the fringes for India and England.

I think the fact because he's a very average bowler distorts people's perceptions of him as a good batsman (who's been pretty good in recent years for a youngish bloke).
I'm not sure White would play ahead of Silva TBH, nor Runako Morton or Marlon Samuels, whoever the West Indies have batting at #6. You can only really compare their domestic records, since White hasn't played a Test match while Silva and Morton have only had a small amount of experience. He only averages 40 in FC cricket, but that number is hugely influenced by playing for Somerset on some of the flattish pitches that the world has seen. His Pura Cup average is only 30.95, quite poor, and although he has been better in recent years, still nothing to suggest he's that good.

I'm not too sure on AB de Villiers, I've seen him bat a few times and he usually looks good, but hasn't really made the step up from converting those cameos into centuries. Misbah is batting at #5 in the current Test, although I'm not too sure who I would take if I had to choose between the two. You seriously think he's good enough to challenge Ian Bell and VVS Laxman? That's pure madness IMO.

Perm

Yeah people seem to forget he's still only 23 or 24.
How does that have any relevance to how good he is at the moment? Granted he could get better with age, which will likely happen, but it doesn't stop him from being very ordinary at the moment.

Fiery

Banned
How does that have any relevance to how good he is at the moment? Granted he could get better with age, which will likely happen, but it doesn't stop him from being very ordinary at the moment.
He was just pointing out how young he is...numb-nuts

Last edited:

Perm

Tests
CJL Rogers
MJ Di Venuto
CT Perren
DJ Hussey
AC Voges
CL White
+BJ Haddin
AA Noffke
DE Bollinger
SJ Magoffin
BW Hilfenhaus
12th Man: SM Harwood
Any reason you've picked Perren before Thornely? Do you prefer to watch him play or is there something else? Also, there must be a better bowler in the country than Doug Bollinger. Lots of talent, but far too erratic.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
My point was that he has plenty of time to improve and that writing him off as rubbish is pretty stupid.

Kid's had a lot shoved on him, he was made captain of his state when he was about 20, that's heavy lifting for a young bloke. Having seen him bat in the FR Cup on telly and a few times live at the SCG in the Pura Cup, I'd say he's much much better than people give him credit for.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Bollinger's tearing up domestic cricket this season. From all reports has refined his action and made it tighter. Haven't seen him bowl yet this year but will on December 9.

Perm

My point was that he has plenty of time to improve and that writing him off as rubbish is pretty stupid.

Kid's had a lot shoved on him, he was made captain of his state when he was about 20, that's heavy lifting for a young bloke. Having seen him bat in the FR Cup on telly and a few times live at the SCG in the Pura Cup, I'd say he's much much better than people give him credit for.
He's been rubbish so far, mainly, but I do think he will get better as he matures. I'm not going to start rating him until he puts consistent runs on the board in Pura Cup cricket, instead of bashing weak county attacks on roads. He must be one of the most hyped up Australian players of recent times, the sooner he starts performing the sooner those accolades will be deserved.

Fiery

Banned

He's still pretty **** though, especially at international level

Perm

Bollinger's tearing up domestic cricket this season. From all reports has refined his action and made it tighter. Haven't seen him bowl yet this year but will on December 9.
As with White, I think Bollinger has great potential but hasn't delivered so far in his career. Fortunately for him he looks as though he has started to turn it around this season, and it's good to see. I know he has a few fans on CW, and I'm sure their support of him will be rewarded if he continues to put in these big performances.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He's still pretty **** though, especially at international level
IMO he's a #4 batsman. He's always been asked to play way out of position in international cricket because he has the big hitter reputation. Sure, he can hit a long ball (some of those sixes he hit in his 140-odd not out at Manuka last year were unbelieveable) but he's not a flat #7 slogger and never will be.

Fiery

Banned
IMO he's a #4 batsman. He's always been asked to play way out of position in international cricket because he has the big hitter reputation. Sure, he can hit a long ball (some of those sixes he hit in his 140-odd not out at Manuka last year were unbelieveable) but he's not a flat #7 slogger and never will be.
Mate, I wouldn't have a clue...I don't follow Australian domestic cricket (and someone would have to force my eyelids open to do so :p). I can see how good his domestic 1st class record is, averaging around 40, and like Watson, I think "wtf ?... why are these ordinary looking cricketers averaging so high in 1st-class cricket?" Beats me.....there must be some better players around. You know that I'm not taking the piss though I hope. Australia is #1 by ****in miles in world cricket.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The standard of English County Cricket is so low that if you take out the current Test players, those that will never play again, the overseas players and the Kolpak players you would have to name the side The Lucky to be Earning a Living playing Cricket XI.

Chubb

International Regular
The standard of English County Cricket is so low that if you take out the current Test players, those that will never play again, the overseas players and the Kolpak players you would have to name the side The Lucky to be Earning a Living playing Cricket XI.
Yeah, but you can't do that, so I would suggest county cricket is strong. Stronger than SA, NZ, WI, SL, BANG, PAK, IND or ZIM FC systems. Australians always point to how many of their batsmen tear it up, like Mike Hussey used to. People used to say "Mike Hussey scores masses of runs in county cricket yet can't get in to the test side". Well, you know what? He should have been in the test side for about ten years. Ask any Aussie who has actually played in it and he'll tell you it was a strong competition.

I'm not going to do a Zimbabwe Uncapped XI, because everyone who even has a sniff of talent has already been capped.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
England might look something like this...

V Chopra
JL Denly
MA Carberry
JC Hildreth
SA Northeast
+TR Ambrose
AU Rashid
JAR Harris
TCP Smith
JD Lewry
G Keedy

Mentions to WI Jefferson, BM Godleman, CJ Jordan, SM Davies, PJ Horton.