Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee and Steyn serve up a treat

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar

School Boy/Girl Captain skipper's Avatar
    Good article.

How quick does Steyn bowl?

Lasith Malinga will fade away. He has been hanging around for 4 years now with test avg. of 38. Once the batsmen find where the ball is hidden, they will belt him. He has no variation, seam, swing. He lost the good yorker that he had once.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Good article.

Lasith Malinga will fade away. He has been hanging around for 4 years now with test avg. of 38. Once the batsmen find where the ball is hidden, they will belt him. He has no variation, seam, swing. He lost the good yorker that he had once.
    Has more variation than ever TBH, his yorker is great and he swings it a mile with the old ball. Not sure where your getting this from, even on the first day vs. the Aussies he was dreadfully unlucky not to pick up a handful of wickets and they are easily the best batsman in the world. There was a very poor LBW decision and Jaques was more than just a little lucky against him. Also he is very quick yet it's hard to judge a bowler on one match in Australia, lets see how he does against England first.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

School Boy/Girl Captain skipper's Avatar
    I think his average is 33. Minus Bangladesh it is 38. I don't know when you watched him last, may be world cup. Apart from 2 or 3 overs in the test match, he didn't bowl well.

I think his average is 33. Minus Bangladesh it is 38. I don't know when you watched him last, may be world cup. Apart from 2 or 3 overs in the test match, he didn't bowl well.
    I watched the whole test match, he bowled superbly throughout until he was made to do a job he wasn't adapted to and that was to restrict Australia's flow of runs. The entire first day he looked like he was about to take a wicket.

Without Bangladesh it is actually 36.17 mate (and oddly enough his economy drops a little too) he also has a SR of 55.6
    (the following excluding Bangers)
    To gauge this you should know Steve Harmison has a SR of 60.1
    Brett Lee 51.3 (his record against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe are surprisingly dire though)

Pretty damn handy as a strike bowler and the record was even more impressive before his efforts against Australia, Fernando and Malinga shouldn't be in the same team, that way Malinga can bowl as a strike bowler instead of a stock one. Shouldn't be his job to hold back the runs IMO, the way his team uses him is abusing his talent.

The muppets fault IMO.

WTF? To say that Malinga would fade away just on the basis of one bad game against the Aussies is really dire, Malinga did all he could in the test against the Australians but the Australians played him very well as simple as that!
    IMO Malinga is one of the very few fast bowlers who has got lot of variation, he has got a very good and deceptive slower ball, he reverses the ball a mile and he bowls very good toe-crushers and generates good heat now if that's not variety than i don't know what is?

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    WTF? To say that Malinga would fade away just on the basis of one bad game against the Aussies is really dire, Malinga did all he could in the test against the Australians but the Australians played him very well as simple as that!
    IMO Malinga is one of the very few fast bowlers who has got lot of variation, he has got a very good and deceptive slower ball, he reverses the ball a mile and he bowls very good toe-crushers and generates good heat now if that's not variety than i don't know what is?
    Not only that but he can bowl good line and length when he wants to!

Good article.

Very good article, analytical pieces like that are always facinating to read but that one was particularly good.

Steyn bowls from the mid 130s (at the beginning of a spell or end of a day) up to about 150kph when in rhythm.

I agree that Malinga will fade away from the Test cricket scene for reasons that I have stated on numerous occasions.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Banned
    The only gripe I have with the article is the start where he makes out bowlers like McGrath scared the living **** out of batsmen? McGrath was never fast enough to scare the skin off a rice pudding

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    You don't have to be quick to scare a batsman.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    You do if I'm batting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Hey Perm...keen for a truce?

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Hey Lisa, whats your favourite movie? Thats right, the odd couple! Da doo do doo do doo, do do doo, do do doo doooo.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Hey Lisa, whats your favourite movie? Thats right, the odd couple! Da doo do doo do doo, do do doo, do do doo doooo.
    Who's Lisa?

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Simpson.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information