• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lee and Steyn serve up a treat

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez, jumping the gun a bit? Both Steyn and Lee have led their respective attacks and bowled like the world-class bowlers they should in, what, two Tests in a row? A solid year of similar bowling and maybe we can sart hailing them but not yet.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
A mate of mine wasnt a world class cricketer but got to face the touring Aussies in the late 90s in a FC game. Opened the batting. Faced 5 balls from McGrath and got hit 3 times and got out on the 5th. Said he didnt know what to do as it was good pace and crazy bounce. Too good for him and definately a painful experience

That mate wouldn't be Dale Benkenstein would it ?
I remeber Dale said that Mcgrath was bloody quick when he faced him ( I think western province v Australia 1997)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Benkenstein's not an opener, though.

Would think Kev's mate would be more likely to be a resident of these isles than the south of Africa, but may be wrong.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wasn't it too long ago Steyn wasn't held in high esteem on here?
I still don't exactly hold him in high esteem - his performances against New Zealand have been sensational bar the one on a really flat pitch, those in a couple of home Tests against India and Pakistan on relatively sporting surfaces have been good, and one out of four in Pakistan was good.

That aside, he's still yet to convince.

And none of his recent performance changes the fact that selecting him in 2004\05 was an awful decision and was one of several things that cost South Africa that Test-series.