Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71

Thread: I feel Afridi doesn't get the respect he deserves

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    18

    I feel Afridi doesn't get the respect he deserves

    Did you realise Afridi is only third player in ODI history to achieve the combination of 5000 runs and 200 wickets. The other players being Sri Lankan batsman Sanath Jayasuriya and South African Jacques Kallis.

  2. #2
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Averages...
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    Averages...
    i take your point on board.

    i feel all three are great cricketers. Jayasuria is one of the few possessing Afridi's talent and Kallis has a great temparement.

  4. #4
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,217
    No doubt a great talent yet he's nowhere near the best batsman or the best bowler at any stage of his career. We have all come to appreciate the way he bats and know he will never change it, yet he will always run the risk of throwing away his wicket and as he averages the same as a lot less talented batsman he must be doing something wrong.

    His bowlings not half bad, yet I think the fact he is in the Pakistan side is all the credit he actually deserves.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society


  5. #5
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by TuffersTheCat View Post
    i take your point on board.

    i feel all three are great cricketers. Jayasuria is one of the few possessing Afridi's talent and Kallis has a great temparement.
    I don't rate Afridi at all, his output has been incredibly mediocre for somebody who has played the amount of ODIs he has.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    18
    I hope he one day wakes up and realises he has the potential to be the best allrounder in the world.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Afridi is one of cricket's pure joys. I don't give a **** about his averages and I really don't think he does that much either. He's a showman and will be remembered as one of the most outrageously attacking players of all time after he retires
    Last edited by Fiery; 21-11-2007 at 02:11 AM.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    18
    im glad there are other fans here who appreciate his natural god given ability

  9. #9
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    Quote Originally Posted by TuffersTheCat View Post
    I hope he one day wakes up and realises he has the potential to be the best allrounder in the world.
    He doesn't though, because he doesn't have the mental ability.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    He doesn't though, because he doesn't have the mental ability.
    he needs 2 work on that by seein a zen master or hypnotist. something of that nature

    the world is his oyster. he just needs to conquer his inner self and believe

  11. #11
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The great state of New South Wales
    Posts
    42,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    He doesn't though, because he doesn't have the mental ability.
    Or the technical ability. Lots of players could bat the exact same way Afridi does to the same effectiveness or better if they devoted their whole careers to batting like that like he has done. His batting talent is vastly over-rated.
    ~ Cribbage

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Or the technical ability. Lots of players could bat the exact same way Afridi does to the same effectiveness or better if they devoted their whole careers to batting like that like he has done. His batting talent is vastly over-rated.
    no they couldnt or there would be someone who did. u shouldnt be allowed to talk like that on a public forum

    thats a disgraceful comment mate. no one has comparible power to the great man. thats why he is one of a kind

  13. #13
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The great state of New South Wales
    Posts
    42,692
    Quote Originally Posted by TuffersTheCat View Post
    no they couldnt or there would be someone who did.
    No, because everyone else recognises the fact that it isn't a good idea at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by TuffersTheCat
    thats why he is one of a kind
    He's one of a kind because no other top class players are as brainless as him when it comes to batting.

  14. #14
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,217
    I thought it was quite widely acknowledged that he had some of the best hand eye co-ordination in world cricket, which is why his striking of the ball (when he does strike it) is so magnificent. Though his concentration or possibly his temperament meant that he just had to go after everything, and due to sometimes bowlers actually not just serving up pies he often got out.

  15. #15
    International Coach adharcric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    10,898
    Quote Originally Posted by TuffersTheCat View Post
    no they couldnt or there would be someone who did. u shouldnt be allowed to talk like that on a public forum

    thats a disgraceful comment mate. no one has comparible power to the great man. thats why he is one of a kind

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Do you respect Women?
    By yaju in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 01:48 AM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 27-12-2005, 12:01 AM
  3. do you have respect for your mom or dad
    By cricket player in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 05:01 AM
  4. respect
    By nibbs in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 25-09-2004, 10:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •