• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This is how ICC wastes Money....

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/320457.html

I thought this was shocking that ICC wastes huge amounts of Money (with obviously no one to account for than themselves) to recruit a CEO .....

Shocking ...Absolute waste of money...when there are lot of countries that need funds to develop the game...

Couldn't this process have been done simply by a committe of officials from Member boards, without such colossal waste of money using International Recruitment Consultants ...what a load of Tosh....

I am certain Speed was recruited by Australia nominating him and other boards accepting the nomination or something pretty simple than this load of Tosh...:ph34r:

Discuss.

pasag

RTDAS
A good CEO can make or break the sport and the damage a bad one can do can have long lasting implications. It's very important you get the right person for the job and if you have to spend a bit of money to find that person then it could be money well spent. I'd think it's standard practice for companies and organisations of this size who don't have the expertise or skills to find someone and go through the whole process, they recruit one of these companies to help them out.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The chances of someone being appointed who'd do the job well (according to the core of genuinely committed fans) are slim-to-zero though. Alarming thing is that while Malcolm Speed and his entourage (the absolute power of a CEO is fairly small) have done so many things terribly poorly, there's so much more that someone with even less clue could have done worse.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hardly a waste. You need the right person for the job.
A good CEO can make or break the sport and the damage a bad one can do can have long lasting implications. It's very important you get the right person for the job and if you have to spend a bit of money to find that person then it could be money well spent. I'd think it's standard practice for companies and organisations of this size who don't have the expertise or skills to find someone and go through the whole process, they recruit one of these companies to help them out.
About time ICC got some professional to do the job.
Agree with this.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed. The worst thing that could happen is to put in a former international cricketer who is heavy on cricket knowledge and light on business acumen.

White Lightning

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I kind of agree with the ICC on this one though - you need to have the right person for this sort of job.

but most things i don't agree with the ICC - i think they are the most unprofessional sporting organisation in the world. that i know of anyway.