• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka lead the world...

Francis

State Vice-Captain
... in sportsmanship.

Did anybody see Sangakkara have that little chat with Rudi Koertzen after this last Test versus Australia? The dude seemed so breezy and he just accepted it! Smiles and everything! And that's not the first time I've seen a Sri Lankan act so well. Mahela Jayawardene's behaviour after losing the 2007 World Cup for me set the standard for how captains should behave.

Are Sri Lanka the best team for sportsmanship in the world of cricket? I think so...

pasag

RTDAS
By a wide margin, always very gracious in defeat, magnanimous in victory and the one thing that really stands out is Jayawardene's handling of the end of the WC Final.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Agree, completely. Great class to their players, and that World Cup final stood out in my mind a lot.

sideshowtim

Banned
Yep, as Punter said, they're a pleasure to play. Great group of guys.

If only their fans could be as gracious. Some ridiculous stuff gets flung around on the Sri Lankan cricket forums.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Those Lankans are liked in Australia, aren't they?

Just a shame the same favour can't be given to a certain wristspinner. :dry:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, as Punter said, they're a pleasure to play. Great group of guys.

If only their fans could be as gracious. Some ridiculous stuff gets flung around on the Sri Lankan cricket forums.
Agree with you there...thats why I don't go to those forums because they are lot of idiots and nuts who turn up there...some whose intellect and mental state need examination..:)

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Sri Lanka are indeed a credit to the game with their sportsmanship. You see flashes of it in other Test teams, but it always seems to be there with them.

Some of the Associates also have a similar attitude (excluding perhaps the Netherlands) - possibly because professionalism has not yet got in the way of playing the game for enjoyment's sake.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree with you there...thats why I don't go to those forums because they are lot of idiots and nuts who turn up there...some whose intellect and mental state need examination..:)
Haha, I find this extremely ironic.