• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb's ODI Team

CricketWeb's ODI Team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Please read carefully -

Please choose only eleven players. These eleven players should make up a team by themselves, i.e. not eleven batsmen. The players you choose should be a mix between those you think have performed on the One-Day International stage and then your favourite players. For example, although Matthew Hayden may have performed better than Michael Clarke in ODIs, I might pick Clarke because he is better to watch, has nice hair, gave me his autograph and car at a game once etc.

I've tried my best to come up with the 65 players most people on this forum seem to think are good, or have as their favourites. Apologies for those I've missed out.

Again, please vote seriously on the poll.

Any questions?

Hopefully the result will be a team CricketWeb can relate to as a group. :)

Last edited:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Tendulkar
Chanderpaul
Ponting
Sarwan
Symonds
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Mortaza
Bond
Murali
Shoaib

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
No Brett Lee :wacko:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaking amateur hour. Mods, please change Brendan Taylor to Brett Lee, or add him in? Thank you. :)

Went with -

Matthew Hayden - runs speak for themselves
Sachin Tendulkar - classiest player in the sport
Ricky Ponting - captain of the greatest side ever. Can hold a bat.
Michael Hussey - run machine
Andrew Symonds - can run. can field.
Kevin Pietersen - respect for the man, being the leader of a crap lot.
AB de Villiers - my wicket-keeper. Good all-round athlete. One of my faves.
Andrew Flintoff - primarily for his bowling, which never seems to go wrong
Daniel Vettori - always bowls well against Australia
Shoaib Akhtar - was hard to choose him, he's moronic, but so gun to watch.
Nathan Bracken - ODI great

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hayden - Run Machine
Tendulkar - Class
Ponting - See above
Pietersen - He plays for England and has a good ODI record, unbelievable.
Hussey - Bradmanesque record does mean he looks handy.
Symonds - ODI king frankly
McCullum - Top tail end bat and slog man, also keeping-wise the best out there at the moment.
Flintoff - Can be good with the bat and most certainly is great with the ball.
Bond - An ODI force to be reckoned with.
Murali - Spin king
Patel - Because. :)

12th man Malinga - Deadly bowler with the support of decent quicks would be even better IMO.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Gilchrist+
Hayden
Ponting
Pietersen
Yuvraj
Symonds
Afridi
Flintoff
Vettori
Lee
Bracken

prolly missing a rock in the middle order... hmm.. mayb PC... but oh well

Laurrz

International Debutant
hmm dunno how i forgot Huss..but no regrets with that team

the thing is, i didn't choose to have such a deep batting lineup... i chose who i thought were the best bowlers and they all ended up being handy batsmen.. (or very good ones)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Impressed with the teams so far. :) Would like to see a few more of the cult heroes though.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Gilchrist+
Hayden
Ponting*
Pietersen
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Lee
Bracken
Bond
Muraliduran

Ridiculous that Hussey is at 7, but that was his fate in the Aussie team for quite a while, and once you slot KP in at 4, there's not really any other way to get him in...

biased indian

International Coach
Hayden
Tendulkar
Ponting
Jayasurya
Kevin Pietersen
Kallis
Dhoni (in poll i selected Gilly but with so many openers i would have Dhoni instead)
Lee
Akthar
Bond
Murali

Matt79

Global Moderator
^ Is your selection of Jayasuriya a "cult" selection or purely merit-based in your opinion?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Gilchrist+
Hayden
Ponting*
Pietersen
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Lee
Bracken
Bond
Muraliduran

Ridiculous that Hussey is at 7, but that was his fate in the Aussie team for quite a while, and once you slot KP in at 4, there's not really any other way to get him in...
Remove Gilchrist replace Clarke with Tendulkar and put in another WK?

Tendulkar > Gilchrist?

Yet I do suppose the wicketkeeping bonus is a factor. I love that your team has Symonds /Clarke/KP bowling 10.