• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricketweb.net XI

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well the time has come to select the Cricketweb side for the first test match against AA.....

Me and Rik are both spinning allrounders,

I bowl leg spin and open up with some Medium Pace if needs be, second change and am a very capable batsman against mediocre bowling, but not against quality bowling. I averaged 24 last season with the bat and 22 with the ball...........

Here is the final XI

Umpired by Mark, as an experienced user of 5K posts

1.Krkode RHB
2.Broncoman RHB RF
3.Richard Hingston* RHB LB
4.Gregory Blewett RHB
5.Tamara RHB
6.Tim RHB RFM
7.Andre (wk) RHB WK
8.Rik LHB LMF
9.Rich_2001 RHB OB
10.Top_Cat RHB RF
11.Neil Pickup RHB LB

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fast bowler and number 8 hitter here. My creditentials: South Australia U/19's and U/17's tournaments when I was 16. I was clocked at 138km/h when I was 17 so maybe I'm quick enough? :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
T_C, would you count yourself as a proper batsman, or just a hitter?

Simon

the way ive been batting lately im one spot too high :P
naa at least you got me as a fast bowler right

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
the way ive been batting lately im one spot too high :P
naa at least you got me as a fast bowler right
You think you have what it takes to top Neil's claim to be number 11 though? ;)

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
err i'd have to be 12th man because I can't bat higher than 6.
RHB, RMF.

T_C: 138 k's at 17!? You must have been down at the gym every morning.

krkode

State Captain
I can bat however the situation calls for - I can draw a match if you want, I can stick and rotate strike if you want, and I can hit if you want (prefer not to be overly aggressive) and bowl medium pace :D

May I have 4 or 5, please, please, please :D

And RHB just an FYI

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know what my credentials are for getting #6, my highest score this season is just 35 but that was opening the batting, since then i've been down at 7 & 8.

My best bowling has been 6/8 with a hat-trick & ive done reasonably well for the Auckland U19 Indoor cricket team as of late.

krkode

State Captain
*sigh* I feel so deprived...all you guys playing for your U19s, your clubs, your schools, with stats and all that good ol' stuff...

The closest I ever got to some "official" cricket was against a rival school in an unofficial friendly tournament. Otherwise, all of my cricket was amongst school mates where our school was divided into "Houses" and we played intra house tournaments :(

But, don't you dare underestimate the quality they had - some of those guys are probably soon gonna be playing for Hyderabad :wow:

*sigh* wish i was in a cricket mad country now...:yawn:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well you do live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world! I would love to go to the Western USA.

At the moment it is -1C outside, it gets dark at 5pm and there would be no hope of playing cricket for a long while! I do get pretty depressed here sometimes, especially as my dad is in Melbourne at the moment

:!(

Simon

put Gregory Blewett in there at 5.
good medium fast bowler and a decent batsman (although i did get ya out gb :P)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim, I'm sure we could fit you in, we need a medium pacer, Langeveldt is trying to use my medium pace, which is my backup bowling option!

krkode I'm a leftie :D

krkode

State Captain
hehe, well, whadya know? Just noticed :P

Lefties have always been rare to me...in my day of play, our school had 1 lefty...no more :O

There were a few more people who wrote with their left hand and stuff, but they weren't cricketers...:rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm left handed in everything really, cept using the mouse. I'm a left handed thrower in the field but I can catch with either. Sorta explains my old nickname of "Jonty" :D