• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricketweb.net XI

Langeveldt

Soutie
I might do the next match tomorow if I can be bothered, keeping in mind a rotation policy so WCC_Somerset and Kim will play..

Any Idea as to who the oppo should be?

Maybe someone who is preveliged enough to have Howzat ODI could do the game...bearing in mind people here are all different types of players with different standards :D :pig:

krkode

State Captain
Please don't drop me either...No computer can simulate krkode...trust me on that one...

Computers can't show spirit in the face of danger, nor can they show courage in the face of defeat, nor can they make one work like a team nor can they comfort each other when times are bad...so there, ;)

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been told off for running around and fielding the ball when someone else could have easily done it. It's because I'm just like Jonty in the field...I'm everywhere...so that's quite dissapionting

Langeveldt

Soutie
Right, being a man of the people, I believe in democracy...So we are playing Namibia tomorow.

Final Eleven up tomorow morning. (Night for all you kiwis and Aussies)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Okay here is the final eleven for Match two against Namibia
(one day match)

CW XI

1.Broncoman
2.WCC_Somerset
3.Tamara
4.Rik
5.Langeveldt
6.Tim
7.Top_Cat
8.Krkode
9.Greg Blewett
10.Andre
11.Neil Pickup

Namibia

1.Swanepoel
2.Walters
3.J Burger
4.Keulder
5.Murgatroyd
6.S Burger
7.D Kotze
8.M Karg
9.Snyman
10.B Kotze
11.Van Vuuren

V Reddy

International Debutant
C'mon Rik,don't put up another hopeless performance:D :P . Also Marc was supposed to be the captain b'coz of his posts. What happened to him?Is he injured:D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
C'mon Rik,don't put up another hopeless performance:D :P
I had some fun against AA before he got me...I'm bowling spin this game so I won't be as hopeless, I really suck at bowling medium pace :!(

Also Marc was supposed to be the captain b'coz of his posts. What happened to him?Is he injured:D
He's the umpire...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vishnureddy said:
C'mon Rik,don't put up another hopeless performance:D :P . Also Marc was supposed to be the captain b'coz of his posts. What happened to him?Is he injured:D
I was proposed for umpire but declined the job since I would rather sit on the sidelines with a beer! :cool2:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well it was a bit of a hapless performance against Namibia, really surprising as it should have been an easy win. This time there were no heroics from "JB Burger" But it was Danie Keulder who smashes the attack around...

Again it seems to be the lower order who pull us out of the mire every time. But 170 was never going to be enough!

CRICKETWEB.NET XI 170 (Greg Blewett 34 , Bjorn Kotze 4-30)
NAMIBIA 171-3 (Keulder 76, Tim 2-41)

For a full scorecard, look at the attatchment

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm impressed, Rich :)

I'm going to keep some statistics on this that I'll post every so often, separate ones for OD and FC games.

However I would like to request to be given the ball more often. Being picked to bat at #11 [okay, that's fair enough, if I ever get double figures it will either be a) cause to party all through the night or b) a game against Under 12s] I would hope to get an over in a one-day game, especially after 12-4-22-1 against Ajit's XI!

Langeveldt

Soutie
that would be great neil! All I need now are a few Ideas for opponents. And I also need a better programme for running the simulations on.
Keep any opinions coming, I will probably do a match or two over the weekend.