• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricketweb.net XI

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
NO I DON't .. It is meant to be a joke because she has got me out before. Sorry I affended you.

Cloete

International Captain
haha :lol: :lol: . actually if n e 1 wants to know sumthin really funny??? o well i'll say it n e way :P . at my school they were handing out these award things for subjects. and on the english 1's it had: congratulations on achieving highly in ENGISH!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it was sooo damn ironical.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WCCC_SOMERSET said:
haha :lol: :lol: . actually if n e 1 wants to know sumthin really funny??? o well i'll say it n e way :P . at my school they were handing out these award things for subjects. and on the english 1's it had: congratulations on achieving highly in ENGISH!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it was sooo damn ironical.
LOL, it was probably done as a joke!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
T_C, would you count yourself as a proper batsman, or just a hitter?
Probably a hitter in the style of someone like Shaun Pollock. In other words, I have correct technique and can hit the ball a long way but I wouldn't be good enough to bat higher than say 6 or 7. I've opened before but that was to get the scoreboard moving in chasing a huge total.

So I'd say I look relatively correct when I bat but I couldn't bat in the top 6 as a general rule.

T_C: 138 k's at 17!? You must have been down at the gym every morning.
Actually no I wasn't. I've never been to the gym regularly. I've just got very strong and supple shoulders. I still say the speed gun was broken, though. ;) My average speed was around 130km/h at 17. In fact, right after I was clocked at training, I was supposed to get onto an intensive gym session to bulk up, get fit and gain at least 10km/h. I gave up cricket to study instead.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Well he is high up in CW. So its only good that i put him there! Anyway if he doesnt reply to this soon I will drop him
Some of us need to get up early in mornings, so can't be online at 1am...

I'm more than happy to take the number 11 spot, with a career batting average of 2.27, I think I'm suited to it (note to anyone batting with me: keep me off strike!!)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
WCCC_SOMERSET said:
haha :lol: :lol: . actually if n e 1 wants to know sumthin really funny??? o well i'll say it n e way :P . at my school they were handing out these award things for subjects. and on the english 1's it had: congratulations on achieving highly in ENGISH!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it was sooo damn ironical.
I can only presume you didn't get it! :P

Langeveldt

Soutie
Right the first match will be played using ICC and ICED to edit the teams! One team will have to have all Ajit Agarkars.

If I could have some approximate career averages from you guys that would be good. Or I will make them up!

krkode

State Captain
Well, while I played intra school test matches, the scores ranged about 100-150 and I had a hec load of not outs cuz I didn't always open, cuz I opened the bowling. Scores like 20*, 30*, 35 were usually around my area. My highest was 57 (which was quite an achievement then) :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Right then the final XI for the first test against AA

1.KrKrode
2.Broncoman
3.Langeveldt (capt)
4.Greg Blewett
5.Tamara
6.Tim
7.Andre (wk)
8.Rik
9.Rich_2001
10.Top_Cat
11.Neil Pickup

Kim
WCC_Somerset will both be substitutes. If I do another test in the future I will use a rotation policy...

Langeveldt

Soutie
The test match will start tonight, full scorecards and match reports will follow.

SO get your approximate career averages into me ASAP!

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Top_Cat said:
Fast bowler and number 8 hitter here. My creditentials: South Australia U/19's and U/17's tournaments when I was 16. I was clocked at 138km/h when I was 17 so maybe I'm quick enough? :)
Sorry mate, I nicked your number 8 spot! Basically on the grounds of potential and a career average of well over 30 in indoor cricket over the last 7 years. So here's my role:

I'll come in at number 8 and do a Flintoff (sorta because I score fast, hit straight and quite often time the ball a la Flintoff, oh and hit it as far if I get bored enough), because Langeveldt decided there are too many spinners in the squad I'll have to bowl Medium-Fast which isn't as effective as my Left Arm Spin so I'll do a Mark Butcher role and bowl a few overs. Then I'll show off at backward point :D

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tamara said:
Average since 2000:

Batting: 1881 runs @ 30.84
Bowling: 70wickets @11.41
And to think we will only pick you to bat! Oh well, we have to let master bowler Neil run through the opposition 1st! :saint:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well at the end of an eventful first innings:

The cricketweb.net XI - 168 all out (Tim 46, Andre 24)
Ajit Agarkar XI - 35-1 (Top Cat 1-19)

Full scorecard and report at the end of the test