• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricketweb.net XI

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
He is the Nicholas DeGroot of the Cricket Web ;) .
I have never scored 3 consecutive ducks...in fact I've only scored 1 duck this season and that was my 1st for about 4 years.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
No I'm going to threaten Langeveldt if he doesn't sim me more realistically. Look at my stats...5 NOs in 9 innings...tell you something?
Yes, you bat for yourself rather than the team! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Since we only have 4 overs per pair and I also score 24 runs on average each time I go out I don't think it's that...try again please :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well Rik you have to remember that this is indoor cricket we are talking about..

I have played it and it is much easier to hit straight sixes, so maybe your batting record is inflated a bit over those who always play outdoors... And I have normally used you in an attacking role..

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Well Rik you have to remember that this is indoor cricket we are talking about..

I have played it and it is much easier to hit straight sixes, so maybe your batting record is inflated a bit over those who always play outdoors... And I have normally used you in an attacking role..
I'm playing outdoors later this year for the 1st time in a while. Also, it does not make hitting 6s easier, if you mis-hit one then your caught and out, simple as that. It doesn't make it easier, it is a requirement of indoor cricket to hit straight, if you don't then you can be caught off the side wall which only counts for 1 run anyway...

Oh and "attacking role" doesn't mean you turn the "agression selector" up to 6 without letting me get my eye in ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
3-4 times this season I was responsible for 50% of the team's runs...so I do, in fact, bat for the team :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You must have a really crappy team Rik. They must be so happy to have Bradman's reincarnate to bat for them....:frog:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You must have a really crappy team Rik. They must be so happy to have Bradman's reincarnate to bat for them....:frog:
3rd place in the league, hardly crap. Anyway those innings were 45* 43*and 42*(made up of 2 innings). You score more in 4 overs...

As for being Bradman, I was averaging 99 after 4 games but then I got a 1st baller when I was pushed up to open. There's a lesson there, I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
i'll never get dropped from this team, the amount of runs & wickets I have taken surely puts me as #1 All-rounder in the team.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
i'll never get dropped from this team, the amount of runs & wickets I have taken surely puts me as #1 All-rounder in the team.
Not to mention your ego...:rolleyes:

Everyone will get dropped every so often, it's called a squad rotation policy.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Alright stop the handbags all of you, its not good for team morale..
Rik, you might find yourself "rotated" soon just like other people have been

Tim, you are right, you have been doing a lot of work bowling and batting....But form is temporary, only class is permanent, and you will have to prove yourself some more..

Langeveldt

Soutie
Right here are the final elevens...For the match against Minnows XI (One Day)

CRICKETWEB

1.Krkode
2.Broncoman
3.Cloete
4.Gotchya
5.Tamara
6.Rik
7.Tim
8.Langeveldt
9.Top_Cat
10.Andre
11.Neil Pickup

MINNOWS XI

1.Jim Davison
2.Ravindu Shah
3.Steve Tikolo
4.Andries Burger
5.Kennedy Otieno (wk)
6.Danie Keulder (cpt)
7.Roland Lefebvre
8.Maurice Odumbe
9.Collins Obuya
10.Tony Suji
11.Gerrie Snyman

Match Starts at 7pm (GMT) on Wednesday

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Rik, you might find yourself "rotated" soon just like other people have been
Yup, but hopefully some others might be "rotated" too ;)