• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ODI Batsman Since 2000

Who is the best since 2000? !!!Vote 5!!!

• Total voters

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=2;id=200;type=decade

Would have to eliminate the likes of Jayawardene, Sehwag, Fleming, Younis, Razzaq, Malik, Boucher, McMillan, Arnold, Collingwood, Afridi, Styris, Flintoff, Flower, Kaif, Hinds, Dilshan, Vincent, Carlisle and Laxman because they don't meet the average criteria.

My picks
Matthew Hayden
Sachin Tendulkar
Michael Clarke
Ricky Ponting
Andrew Symonds

Honourable mentions for MS Dhoni and Kevin Pietersen, who simply haven't scored enough runs yet. Adam Gilchrist scored lots of runs at a phenomenal rate, but his average was a good 5-10 points lower than my choices, who all scored their runs at more than 80 runs per hundred balls faced.

Perm

What about Lara, he is one of the best batsmen of all times, if this was County batsmen i would go with Ramps though!
He sure is, but his record in this decade has been relatively poor.

Athlai

Not Terrible
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=2;id=200;type=decade

Would have to eliminate the likes of Jayawardene, Sehwag, Fleming, Younis, Razzaq, Malik, Boucher, McMillan, Arnold, Collingwood, Afridi, Styris, Flintoff, Flower, Kaif, Hinds, Dilshan, Vincent, Carlisle and Laxman because they don't meet the average criteria.
All players I seriously considered lowering the criteria for yet, I decided to stick with my guns knowing that it was unlikely that they would get a huge amount of votes.

Perm

All players I seriously considered lowering the criteria for yet, I decided to stick with my guns knowing that it was unlikely that they would get a huge amount of votes.
Once you set criteria you have to stick with it. Besides, the only good ODI batsmen in that list are Stephen Fleming and Paul Collingwood, the rest are either all-rounders or very average batsmen.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Once you set criteria you have to stick with it. Besides, the only good ODI batsmen in that list are Stephen Fleming and Paul Collingwood, the rest are either all-rounders or very average batsmen.
At least in the shorter form of the game.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Its ridiculous that if it wasnt for Sachin you could make a pretty convincing argument for an all Aussie top 5 :laugh:

Perm

Its ridiculous that if it wasnt for Sachin you could make a pretty convincing argument for an all Aussie top 5 :laugh:
Michael Bevan and Damien Martyn are both contenders too, although not listed in the poll. Reasonable arguments could be made for them to be picked.