• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ODI Batsman Since 2000

Who is the best since 2000? !!!Vote 5!!!

• Total voters

iamdavid

International Debutant
In random order
Ponting
Tendulkar
Symonds
Gilchrist/Jayasuria (cant split these two, I know their numbers dont stack upto some of the others, but I reckon they've won more matches off their own bats than anyone else on the list)
Pietersen

Wheres Lehmann/Bevan/Hussey ?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've always said Clarke is, but at the same time I don't think you could call him top 5 from 2000 onwards yet.

pasag

RTDAS
I've always said Clarke is, but at the same time I don't think you could call him top 5 from 2000 onwards yet.
Yeah but also wouldn't say Hayden is four times better than him (if you can interpret it that way) at the time of posting. Granted Hayden's peak has been one of the greatest in ODI history, it seems it is speaking for the whole 7 year period with such a gap.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah but also wouldn't say Hayden is four times better than him (if you can interpret it that way) at the time of posting. Granted Hayden's peak has been one of the greatest in ODI history, it seems it is speaking for the whole 7 year period with such a gap.
I don't think you can interpret it that way. If you had asked to pick the best batsman in Aussie history, Bradman would win by 100-0, which doesn't mean he is 100x better than the next guy.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Hayden
2. Gilchrist
3. Symonds
4. Ponting
5. Clarke

Hayden, Gilchrist and Symonds are unstoppable once they get going. Absolute run machines they are.

Ponting and Clarke because theyre awesome and great to watch.
Haha, GTFO.

burr

State Vice-Captain
There's no strike rates in the first post :-O Can't vote without knowing strike rates.

burr

State Vice-Captain
ha ha, thought you'd say that. Yeah I cant be f**ked, and I'm sure you can't either.

Athlai

Not Terrible
ha ha, thought you'd say that. Yeah I cant be f**ked, and I'm sure you can't either.
Averages since 2000 takes long enough yet surely you have a fair idea of S/R, like your Gilchrists are faster than your Atapattu's, your Kallises lower than your Haydens.