• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Agarkar Century Argument, again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
Lame? I watched the entire innings and he just kept on edging the ball over the slips...so I suppose that makes it chanceless because he edged it too high? Come on. It was hardly a classic innings, he chanced his luck and it paid off, fair enough to him, the pitch was a belter.

And the pitches on which Anwar and Jaysuria played were green tops:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
And the pitches on which Anwar and Jaysuria played were green tops:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No, they were probably subcontinental belters.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
Do you think that Aussies would have let Ajit score a ton had they been in a similar situation?
Stop trying to change the subject. Yes Australia would probably have managed to let Ajit score a 100 if McGrath (read Gough) and Lee (Caddick) were out of the side and Gillespie was carrying a groin injury and it was a dead flat pitch. When your 3 best bowlers are injured or playing with an injury then how are you expected to perform at your best? Now yet again you are forgetting that this arguement proves nothing. England won the Test. I thought it would be a Test match you would rather forget.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
Look who's talking, you and your other mates have a history at having a go after Indian bowling, yes i had mentioned Ajit's ton that he scored against England on previous occasion too, to restore some sanity and remind you that Englan'd too doesn't have a potent attack.And who is obsessed with Ajit on this forum? certainly not Indian fans, its none other than you people..Ohh now i know why? after that Ton you people can't get Ajit off ur mind:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To restore some sanity? What the hell? Bringing back this topic over and over again just causes more people to loose it. It's hardly a stress-relieving method!

I have a history of having a go at the Indian bowling, but can you give me any evidence that it doesn't deserve that critisism? Go on, I dare you.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
First of all, Agarkar WAS described as an allrounder long ago, now he can be atmost described as a handy batsmen.
Also Ajit happens to posses record number of ducks as far as Indian cricketers are concerned, it was just a case of one bad series against Australia! And yeah we can expect a few runs from Ajit, but 100 n.o is hardly few!!
He got 100 yes, but do you think the other team who suffered him scoring 100 against them in a Domestic Match were made to suffer for the next half a year by their supporters because of that fact?

100 is certianly not a few, but it all works out in the end.

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
To restore some sanity? What the hell? Bringing back this topic over and over again just causes more people to loose it. It's hardly a stress-relieving method!

I have a history of having a go at the Indian bowling, but can you give me any evidence that it doesn't deserve that critisism? Go on, I dare you.
Who started this topic, tell me?? i for one had stopped replying to such posts since some time but your fascination with Indian bowlers is really amazing. There is a limit to criticism, and what you come up with isn't just criticism, its more of a ridicule, and that is your trade mark on this site:!(
Yet if we retaliate occasionally then he protests loudly;)

Last edited:

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
Stop trying to change the subject. Yes Australia would probably have managed to let Ajit score a 100 if McGrath (read Gough) and Lee (Caddick) were out of the side and Gillespie was carrying a groin injury and it was a dead flat pitch. When your 3 best bowlers are injured or playing with an injury then how are you expected to perform at your best? Now yet again you are forgetting that this arguement proves nothing. England won the Test. I thought it would be a Test match you would rather forget.
LOL @ "Australia would probably have managed to let Ajit score a 100" ....as if it was something they would have been looking forward to.

I never questioned the ersult of the test match so stop babbling about it, as for Aussies, even if they had been missing those bowlers, they would had someone like Bracken,Bicheal, Fleming,Warne to bowl to Ajit, and i don't think you will ever see Ajit score a ton even against Australia A, leave alone their national team!

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
He got 100 yes, but do you think the other team who suffered him scoring 100 against them in a Domestic Match were made to suffer for the next half a year by their supporters because of that fact?

Stupid question really, tell me who are Ajit's fan over here?? Every fourth post of urs and your buddies have AA in it, Indians hardly ever bother to mention him.
The only reason i mentioned Ajit's scoring a ton against England was to point out just how clumsy ur bowling attack was, it wasn't meant to glorify Ajit.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
Look who's talking, you and your other mates have a history at having a go after Indian bowling,
Only following the lead of countless International Batsmen ;)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sometimes you can just come across a guy who pulls off a good score and you can't work out how to get him out, it happens, that was one of those innings.
Like Botham at Headingly in 1981? :D

Was there a real point to posting this topic, guys? Saying "Get over it!" seems redundant for such a trivial topic.

Say "Bye bye, flamewar".

Status
Not open for further replies.