• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Headlines

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anyone going to www.somersettalk.co.uk will notice the headlines are blank as these recent Cricketweb problems have deleted them all!

Sorry but these things happen.....

However, I have interviewed the Tasmania Head coach for an update on jamie Cox and all World Cup news will be posted shortly so keep checking it out!!

cheers!

John Fuller - Editor

Cloete

International Captain
gr8 stuff jf. now that cricketweb's up i will look forward to reading that interview. by the way the other day cox made 86 off 100 and batted with marsh who got 100 off 107. they saved tassie. and kicked qld out of the ING Cup Final:( :!( :!( . n e way will be good to read the interview. btw how did u manageto get that interview?

P.S also i think every1 here is thankful for ur site. i think u were the main reason anna, dogbear and may-b even langeveldt joined. top stuff and keep it up. damn somerset!!!!!!! y can't they just accept ur site as a fan site and let u interview their players!!!!!

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Plans for the Future

Cheers W_CCC Somerset, It's nice to get compliments like that as it makes it worthwhile. I will put on the England - Namibia game today (been and gone I know but points of view etc,) as well as something on Jamie Cox, Nixon McLean and hopefully James Bryant.

Re the future, I have some thoughts:

Because the club wont allow me to interview any of the Somerset squad, the best I can do is interview ex-Somerset players, star players and authorities in the game. My battle plan:

I have contacted Mike Atherton via Lancashire CCC to ask him about his autobiography (which is excellent btw) as he talks about Somerset players, Mark Lathwell - ill-fated few tests in early 90's Ashes Series as well as Caddick and Trescothick.

I have plans to try and interview Shane Warne if he ends up coming to Hampshire as I live next door in Dorset.

I hope to talk to Channel 4 about the forthcoming season and who knows either Mark Nicholas or dear Richie Benaud.

I have sent questionnaires to numerous county clubs for their thoughts on 2003 but am awaiting replies:

Derbyshire - Jason Kerr (ex Somerset) and Dominic Cork
Worcestershire - Graeme Hick
Surrey - Graham Thorpe

My main aim is to try and track down one or more of Botham, Garner and Richards this season for their thoughts about playing for the Cidermen in the past, while the likes of Vic Marks, Peter Roebuck may or may not contribute.

The main problem I am battling with is that ex-players are possibly afraid to offer comment for fear of seeming to go against the club - dumb eh?

re Tasmania: I have interviewed Brian McFaddyen Tasmania Head Coach several times on Jamie Cox, Michael Dighton when it seemed like he might come to Somerset and Aus/English cricket in general. Very helpful bloke as is David Boon who has offered up his thoughts on Caddick and Trescothick in the past.

I am trying to get in touch with Eastern Province for comment on James Bryant or other SA lubs who've played against him though his club's e-mail doesn't work. Would be good to get something as he's a bit of a unknown quantity to English cricket.

Lastly, I aim to approach Gloucestershire in the next month and perhaps pop up to interview Jonty Rhodes. Having played for and skippered Natal for seasons, I can think of none better qualified to comment on Nixon McLean.

The vast majority of this might not come off but I am determined to make this site the best I can and also publicise it all over Somerset somehow!!

cheers for your support folks......:D

Cloete

International Captain
bugger me m8. that sounds absolutely brilliant. how on earth do u know so many ppl in such high up places!