• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'll bet that Alastair Cook, Kevin Pietersen and Ian Bell will all break the record for most runs (8900) and centuries (22) for England batsmen.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Ishant Sharma will bowl atleast 7 rank long-hops outside off-stump regardless of the conditions in every test match spell-which is atleast 3 overs long- he bowls from now to the end of eternity.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's something about Virat Kohli that bothers me a bit.. he seems to play with "hard hands". Not sure how he'll do against quality spin. Will probably nick a lot to slip as well.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll bet that Alastair Cook, Kevin Pietersen and Ian Bell will all break the record for most runs (8900) and centuries (22) for England batsmen.
Hmm, technically speaking once one of them break it then there's a new record :p So you're expecting them to all out do one another?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Suresh Raina will maintain a 55+ average for the next few years and end up with 8000+ runs at 50+ overall.
Hmm. I can't see it.

- Ben Hilfenhaus to be test cricket's leading wicket taker from 2011 - 2013
Not looking good this one!

BTW Prince..
Code:
Alastair Cook: mat 71 inn 124 n/o 7 runs 5834 ave 49.86	
Graeme Smith mat 91 inn 159 n/o 9 runs 7457 ave 49.71

indian_legend

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Praveen Kumar to have more than 300 test wickets
David Warner to play atleast 10 test matches
Sachin Tendulkar to play atleast 1 international match after his 40th birthday
Someone to hit a ODI 200 and join Tendulkar in that club within 1 year of this post
Ishant Sharma to be amongst the top 3 leading wicket takers in the 2015 WC
Cheteshwar Pujara to score more than 7000 test runs
Tim Southee to have more than 400 ODI wickets
Stuart Broads Batting Avg > Bowling Avg
Alastair Cook to have more than 12000 test runs

Flem274*

123/5
Hey Perm, why do you think Steyn will definitely average over 25?
Because he's just an average bowler. Can tear through sides when conditions suit and he is in good rhythm, but up against a decent batting lineup I feel as though he'll get hammered. Definitely not sub-25 material. Probably 27 or 28.
This is from the first page of the thread. Can't wait to reread the rest.

Unless I predicted anything. I'll be wrong.

Flem274*

123/5
Amit Mishra will finish his career with an average below 30.
You're screwed.

Broad and Sharma will never average below 30 as bowlers.
Broad is trying his hardest to prove teja wrong.

Perm on Steyn and PEWS on McCullum earlier this thread made me grin.

-Taylor to average >45 in test cricket I'm still confident
-Ryder to average >45 in test cricket Likewise
-Vettori to finish with a batting average of 35 or higherThis is a punt and a half
-Jeet Raval to be our next decent test opener Wrong on a technicality. McCullum looks like he will beat him to it
-Tim McIntosh to remain in the side for at least two more years Wrong

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Phelgm should've seen some of my calls. Looking ****ing dire tstl.

Anyway...

Cummins, Starc and Hazlewood to have quality careers when not injured.
Lyon to have a MacGill, if not Warne, esque career.
Bangladesh to still be shunts. Shakib however will be seen as a gun.
England to be the top dogs for the next 10 years.
Cook to challenge Tendulkar for most runs scored in Tests.
Anderson to become England's highest wicket-taker.
Raina to average around 50-60 at home but get raped away from home.
India to return to their 90's form.
Rahane still doesn't get a fair chance. Mukund and Vijay **** it up instead.
Sharma and Pujara to have quality careers, probably averaging late 40's-early 50's.
Kumar to become a quality bowler, averaging ~30 and gunning it in bowler-friendly conditions.
Zaheer, Dravid, Laxman and Tendulkar will retire around the same time, leaving India way exposed.
Raval to break New Zealand's opening woes.
Southee to start becoming quality.
Williamson to be the Kiwi's best bat since Martin Crowe.
Asif to never play again. Amir does, but he doesn't really come back as strong.
Pakistan to not play at home for 3-4 years, and internal problems still plague them.
South Africa to remain a top 2 side for 5 years but start to slide once Amla, de Villiers, Smith, Steyn, Morkel etc. start hitting the wall.
Steyn to finish his career as an ATG, Morkel and de Villiers will go close too.
Sri Lanka to struggle to find quality bowlers. They will also suck after around 2013.
Their younger bats (Chandimal, Mathews, etc.) will have good careers but their bowlers....
Roach to average ~26 and be seen as their best quick by a long way since Ambrose/Walsh, along with Edwards, Rampaul, Taylor, Sammy, Russell, etc. providing good support.
West Indies to become one of the better sides with time, possibly even in the top 3.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem274*
-Tim McIntosh to remain in the side for at least two more years
I will take this bet. I hope you win it though because it means NZ will have a strong opener. I reckon that How or so forth could challenge him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howsie
-
- Ben Hilfenhaus to be test cricket's leading wicket taker from 2011 - 2013
And this one. I reckon Zaheer/Steyn will beat him and the Pakistanis if they beat the ban. I do think he is a very good bowler though.
Can I claim victory on both of these bets...or do you want to give Hilfenhaus longer...

Howsie

International Captain
Can I claim victory on both of these bets...or do you want to give Hilfenhaus longer...
Yeah, the House is doomed by the looks of things, I concede.

A couple of new ones

- Dean Brownlie to average > 40 in test cricket to become New Zealand's favourite "Australian"
- Reece Young to play < 10 test matches.

Rate Brownlie, reckon he's going to have a career at this level, not that many people seem to like him though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

A couple of new ones

- Dean Brownlie to average > 40 in test cricket to become New Zealand's favourite "Australian"

Rate Brownlie, reckon he's going to have a career at this level, not that many people seem to like him though.
I will take this as long as it is excluding Bangers and Zimbos we are talking I don't want him to get a Guptil like average and for you to win.

I didn't like the cut of his jib in the 10 deliveries he faced in two 20/20s - nothing wrong with his technique I mean what can you conclude in a slog fest. He just looked like he had stage fright. And I reckon managing the crowd is part of being a pro.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

A couple of new ones

I am already on record questioning his glove work - and I noted that you made a similar but more measured comment a month later. Nothing wrong with his batting at all especially his temperament.