• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

Athlai

Not Terrible
His heroic maiden ten
Code:
85.5  	Shahadat Hossain to Martin, no run, outside off and left alone
85.6 	Shahadat Hossain to Martin, no run, Shahadat gets one to jag back in, hits Martin on the pads and a big appeal ensues, the ball was missing leg by more than a few inches

New Zealand 340/9   CS Martin 0* (2b)
86.3 	Mashrafe Mortaza to Martin, no run, lands on middle and holds its line, Martin just manages to get some wood on it and block
86.4 	Mashrafe Mortaza to Martin, no run, tests him out with a bouncer, Martin ducks under it, just...
86.5 	Mashrafe Mortaza to Martin, no run, aims for the yorker this time, lands around the off stump and Martin blocks it out
86.6 	Mashrafe Mortaza to Martin, 1 run, full and a little wide outside off, Martin drives and connects well enough to third man to pick up a single, there was nothing wrong with that stroke

New Zealand 342/9   CS Martin 1* (6b)
87.1 	Shahadat Hossain to Martin, no run, short outside off, fizzes past him through to the keeper
87.2 	Shahadat Hossain to Martin, no run, full on middle and leg and driven with force back to the bowler, he's aiming for the yorker
87.3 	Shahadat Hossain to Martin, 1 no ball, digs it in short this time and it's an overstep as well, Martin just ducks under it
87.3 	Shahadat Hossain to Martin, no run, tempts him with a full and wide delivery outside off and Martin chases it, lucky not to get an edge
87.4 	Shahadat Hossain to Martin, no run, adjusts the line closer to the off stump, gets it to curve in, Martin backs away from the stroke and lets it go
87.5 	Shahadat Hossain to Martin, FOUR, not bad at all.....overpitched outside off, Martin leans forward into the drive, manages to beat mid-off, cover does the chasing and fails to pull the ball back before the boundary
87.6 	Shahadat Hossain to Martin, FOUR, and the agony continues for Shahadat as Martin steals a cheeky boundary off an inside edge that sneaks over the stumps and past the keeper down to fine leg

New Zealand 351/9   CS Martin 9* (13b 2x4)
88.6 	Mashrafe Mortaza to Martin, no run, hits the deck hard, aims for the middle stump but Martin covers the line and blocks it out safely

New Zealand 352/9   CS Martin 9* (14b 2x4)
89.2 	Sajidul Islam to Martin, no run, wasted delivery... Islam fails to control the swing and slips that wide outside off
89.3 	Sajidul Islam to Martin, 1 run, aims for the yorker on off stump, Martin gets some wood behind it and works it wide of point, what's more, he's into double figures. Martin wished for that this morning on television

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
We're on.

Disregarding the minnow scores, I believe Ponting will overtake Sachin. SJS and Jono think otherwise.
Why should you disregard Minnow scores ? I am not saying it for any reason except that India playes Bangladesh more often than Australia does which means that an Indian player will have more Tests disregarded.

And the whole idea of disregarding minnows for the purpose of aggregate runs scored is not exactly right. I can understand for averages.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why should you disregard Minnow scores ? I am not saying it for any reason except that India playes Bangladesh more often than Australia does which means that an Indian player will have more Tests disregarded.

And the whole idea of disregarding minnows for the purpose of aggregate runs scored is not exactly right. I can understand for averages.
Completely AWTA.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cook is only about 23 or 24, I would imagine Smith will finish with a higher average but it's not exactly fact just yet

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Cook is young but he's shown absolutely no signs of improvement since his selection and he's not really in the same talent category as Graeme Smith anyway.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
- Mitchell Johnson less then 1 test hundred --- LOST
- Dale Steyn will average over 25.00 with the ball -----will lose
- George Bailey will average more then Sarwan in Test Cricket ------will lose
- Chris Martin to make a test match 10 ------- LOST
- Mahendra Dhoni will average more then Brad Haddin at test cricket (Haddin must play a test). ------ cant say
- Alastair Cook will average more then Graeme Smith in test cricket ---- likely to lose
- Yuvraj will average 40 in both forms of the game ----- likely to lose

Thats an amazingly high number of negatives in my opinion. Who bet on what ??
The bets are from my perspective so basically you think I will lose most of them even though it's currently 1-1.

If Bailey doesn't play Test Cricket the bet does not count, Steyn you never know, Dhoni vs Haddin is also very close.

Vuvraj will get to 40 in Tests, he might just struggle in ODIs though, hopefully the lowest he bats is 4 for the rest of his career.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Dhoni has finally gotten his average above Haddin again!

Prince fancy a couple more bets??

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not exactly a long term bet and I CBF digging it up right now, but in the 09 Ashes prediction thread, I predicted that Brett Lee will play his last Test for Australia. Obviously he didn't play in that series, but disregarding that, looks like I could yet be right about it. Will see how it goes.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's just past midnight here so I'm off to bed, I'll come up with a few ideas tomorrow and get back toyou :)

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My bets ATM (largely concerning young players)...
Phil Hughes and Umar Akaml will average > 50.
Kane Williamson and Adrian Barath will average > 40.
Jonathon Vandiar and Rilee Rossouw will come gun crickets in the future.

Wayne Parnell, Mohammad Aamer and Ishant Sharma will average < 25.
Tim Southee and Piyush Chawla will average < 30.
At least one of Scott Walter, Alister McDermott, James Pattinson and Josh Hazlewood will have a distinguished career.

I realise that by the time their international careers finish the forum will be a different place, but meh. :p