• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Symonds is a class above Johnson with the bat and you know it.
Yeah, it was more about the dropped catches and no ball though. Symonds scored a test ton in which he was out about 6 times, so three pieces of luck is nothing. It was a dig at his good luck rather than his lack of batting prowess.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, it was more about the dropped catches and no ball though. Symonds scored a test ton in which he was out about 6 times, so three pieces of luck is nothing. It was a dig at his good luck rather than his lack of batting prowess.
Yeah, thanks for that... 'cause I totally missed it... <facepalm.jpg>

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
New Australian Domestic Cricket Shield bet added.

Prince has stated that Jason Krejza will average less then every other spinner who's picked in the side as a bowler apart from McGain.

Minumum 10 wickets, If Macgill retires before the end of the season, his stats don't count.

pup11

International Coach
New Australian Domestic Cricket Shield bet added.

Prince has stated that Jason Krejza will average less then every other spinner who's picked in the side as a bowler apart from McGain.

Minumum 10 wickets, If Macgill retires before the end of the season, his stats don't count.

That ain't gonna happen, atleast that's what i think.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's looking a real smeller currently.
Smith in 2009 - 33 runs @ 11.00
Cook in 2009 - 209 runs @ 41.80

I need a bit more of this! :p

Looks like I'm going to win the Krejza bet, thanks to Hauritz, struggling with the other bets.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Prince you have lost another bet: Krejza to be the best spinner in terms of average in Shield Cricket, min 10 wickets.

Nathan Hauritz 16 wickets @ 35.25
Chris Simpson 14 wickets @ 41.64*
Aaron O'Brien 14 wickets @ 40.57
Jason Krejza 11 wickets @ 50.72

*Average to go up after Shield Final no doubt.

thierry henry

International Coach
Does McCullum's century against Ireland count? Shouldn't imo

Seriously dunno if McCullum will ever make a legit international century in any of the 3 forms, he fears the ton more than Fleming did.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Wow, looking at those initial bets one of you is on the wrong side of an awful lot of them...

Cook to average > Smith....lol!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That would be me oitoitoi, it's not exactly impossible for Cook to average more then Smith, but yeah Smith surprised a little, thought Cook would just need to average 46 or 47 to win really.

I am also still pretty confident that Dhoni will average more then Haddin, they are like 36 vs 37 at the moment.

Dale Steyn is at 23.70, as long as he doesn't destroy too many minnows, his average could easily nudge up too.

Congrats Prince on your Johnson win. Would much rather see him continue getting centuries now then win this bet.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Does McCullum's century against Ireland count? Shouldn't imo

Seriously dunno if McCullum will ever make a legit international century in any of the 3 forms, he fears the ton more than Fleming did.
Na counts, just not as sweet as it could've been. Like losing your virginity to a hooker. Jeets only needs 108 more wickets in the next 7 or so years. (Y)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS and myself have made some long term bets regarding Cricketers.
I just thought it would be good to post on here so we have a record of it.

The bets are written in my favour so if these things happen I win, if they don't Prince wins.

These are the bets that we have come up with.

- Mitchell Johnson less then 1 test hundred
- Dale Steyn will average over 25.00 with the ball
- George Bailey will average more then Sarwan in Test Cricket (Bailey must play a test).
- Chris Martin to make a test match 10
- Mahendra Dhoni will average more then Brad Haddin at test cricket (Haddin must play a test).
- Alastair Cook will average more then Graeme Smith in test cricket
- Yuvraj will average 40 in both forms of the game

More bets to come..
- Mitchell Johnson less then 1 test hundred --- LOST
- Dale Steyn will average over 25.00 with the ball -----will lose
- George Bailey will average more then Sarwan in Test Cricket ------will lose
- Chris Martin to make a test match 10 ------- LOST
- Mahendra Dhoni will average more then Brad Haddin at test cricket (Haddin must play a test). ------ cant say
- Alastair Cook will average more then Graeme Smith in test cricket ---- likely to lose
- Yuvraj will average 40 in both forms of the game ----- likely to lose

Thats an amazingly high number of negatives in my opinion. Who bet on what ??

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'll put this one.

I've been of the opinion for a while that Ricky Ponting will not catch Sachin Tendulkar in a total tally of test runs.

Wish there was this 3 years ago, because I remember a few people (Marc in particular, who is no longer around) saying that when Sachin was going through his trough, he would never catch Lara.

I also believe Kallis will eventually take the mantle, but am less confident to 'bet' on that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
- Mitchell Johnson less then 1 test hundred --- LOST
- Dale Steyn will average over 25.00 with the ball -----will lose
- George Bailey will average more then Sarwan in Test Cricket ------will lose
- Chris Martin to make a test match 10 ------- LOST
- Mahendra Dhoni will average more then Brad Haddin at test cricket (Haddin must play a test). ------ cant say
- Alastair Cook will average more then Graeme Smith in test cricket ---- likely to lose
- Yuvraj will average 40 in both forms of the game ----- likely to lose

Thats an amazingly high number of negatives in my opinion. Who bet on what ??
Chris Martin did make a Test match 10.