• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even cook only hit 33. Amla's 2 shy. AB was far off. Clarke fell short.

It's a huge milestone and I'll be surprised if all 4 of the fab 4 get there, let alone Chandimal.
Smith and Kohli will certainly make it, they have fabulous conversion rates even by ATG standards and even with the inevitable dropoff, they play more than enough games to make it.

Root and Williamson will definitely find it much harder.

srbhkshk

International Captain
IMO even Smith and Kohli might find 40-45 very hard, they are both in their absolute peak right now, and the drop-off will inevitably have to happen at some point - both have played more than half of their careers already, and aren't really all that ahead of the halfway mark in terms of centuries.

Root will do well to reach even 30, he has the advantage of being 2 years younger but he has got only 14 and English cricketers anyway retire a bit early. Same prediction for Williamson - but for different reasons.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Even cook only hit 33. Amla's 2 shy. AB was far off. Clarke fell short.

It's a huge milestone and I'll be surprised if all 4 of the fab 4 get there, let alone Chandimal.
Chandimal's already SL's quickest to the milestone.Can't forget the fact he started off as a keeper batting at 7.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's scored 18 in 65 tests so he's got 12 to go.

There have only been 4 tests in the last 18 months, but things will be busier for the next few years
Yeah Kane's situation look perilous now because New Zealand have played little Tests recently, but I don't think that'll be the norm. 12 tons in 7-8 years should be manageable, and I feel like Williamson will age better than the other 3 (though I have no evidence there bar gamestyles, and that isn't always foolproof)

Definitely think Root will struggle to get there though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Kane's situation look perilous now because New Zealand have played little Tests recently, but I don't think that'll be the norm. 12 tons in 7-8 years should be manageable, and I feel like Williamson will age better than the other 3 (though I have no evidence there bar gamestyles, and that isn't always foolproof)

Definitely think Root will struggle to get there though.
I know Root is famous for his poor conversion rate but I think he is going to have a golden year sooner or later where he gets like 7 100s to 1 50 or something like that. He has it in him to make centuries for sure.

Bumrah finishing under 26 would be amazing, cant see it though.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Kohli should easily beat Tendulkar's century count in ODIs, won't get close to total runs though.
why not?

Problem is he's missing out on lot of ODIs.

I think if he can stay away from IPL for sometime, it'll help him to regenerate himself and stay fresh international fixtures. But knowing IPL, and Kohli don't think it will happen.

If Kohli can play 400 ODIs, he'll definitely come close to SRT's run tally.

Kohlu has played 211 ODIs and is now almost 30 years old.

SRT has played a similar no. of ODIs by Jan 1999, which meant he wasn't even 26 at that time.

Definitely Kohli has potential. I think if he can somehow squeeze in 25 ODIs every year, it would require him further 8 years to play 400 ODIs. I don't see any hindrance for him to do that, unless he decides at somepoint to give up on ODI cricket and concentrate only on Tests.

srbhkshk

International Captain
why not?

Problem is he's missing out on lot of ODIs.

I think if he can stay away from IPL for sometime, it'll help him to regenerate himself and stay fresh international fixtures. But knowing IPL, and Kohli don't think it will happen.

If Kohli can play 400 ODIs, he'll definitely come close to SRT's run tally.

Kohlu has played 211 ODIs and is now almost 30 years old.

SRT has played a similar no. of ODIs by Jan 1999, which meant he wasn't even 26 at that time.

Definitely Kohli has potential. I think if he can somehow squeeze in 25 ODIs every year, it would require him further 8 years to play 400 ODIs. I don't see any hindrance for him to do that, unless he decides at somepoint to give up on ODI cricket and concentrate only on Tests.
Nah he plays all 3 formats + IPL, as he gets older his body will not support him. Sachin started way too early for other people to have a realistic chance.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Mahela played 400+ ODI games,and was very fit throughout his career. Plus he was dropped for sometime in ODIs too. Don't forget his successful Test career too.

But I guess now with the no. of T20 cricket played, its difficult to play that amount of games.

However I'm definitely not ruling out the possibility ofKohli playing 400 or so ODIs

Burner

International Regular
If Kohli plays 300 ODIs, he'll break Tendulkars century tally imo. He's been generating tons at incredible frequency these days.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Steve Smith will be Anderson's 600th test wicket in next summer's Ashes
Dale Steyn to play at least 100 test matches and take 500 wickets before retiring in 2021
Kane Williamson to beat Cook's run scoring aggregate but just fall short of Tendulkar

IPL

Shai Hope to be the most expensive buy at next years auction

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Steve Smith will be Anderson's 600th test wicket in next summer's Ashes
Dale Steyn to play at least 100 test matches and take 500 wickets before retiring in 2021
Kane Williamson to beat Cook's run scoring aggregate but just fall short of Tendulkar

IPL

Shai Hope to be the most expensive buy at next years auction
Will take you up on the Steyn one, think he's absolutely no chance of lasting that long