• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith by the time he retires will be ahead of Ponting and Harvey, sitting comfortably in the company of absolutely elite guys like Tendulkar, Viv, Gavaskar etc. Average wise, in the neighborhood of 55 I think.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ok; I thought qualification periods were set by the international cricketing community and applied uniformly.
Well they are -- there are ICC rules each player must meet for this that stipulate four years. The ECB have their own rules on top of that though, basically saying "even if you qualify by ICC rules, we're not going to select you unless you qualify by ours too". I don't think any other board has their own rules on top of the ICC ones.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smith by the time he retires will be ahead of Ponting and Harvey, sitting comfortably in the company of absolutely elite guys like Tendulkar, Viv, Gavaskar etc. Average wise, in the neighborhood of 55 I think.
You have to already consider him above Harvey IMO since he's gotten more test 100s than him. And he's one away from Viv despise having played nearly half his amount of tests

Burner

International Regular
By the time they're done I think both Smith and Kohli will end up with 40+ test centuries.

Root and Williamson in the 30-40 range. Root because of his conversion issues and Williamson just because he'll not get to play as many tests as the others.

_Ed_

By the time they're done I think both Smith and Kohli will end up with 40+ test centuries.

Root and Williamson in the 30-40 range. Root because of his conversion issues and Williamson just because he'll not get to play as many tests as the others.
I doubt KW will even get to 30. :(

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Dinesh Chandimal to finish with a Test batting career average better than KW and Root.

And also to score a minumum of 30 Test 100s.

As of now Chandimal's average 44.96 in 88 inns.

Root 51.04 in 135 inns
KW 50.35 in 116 inns

Chandimal's no.of 100s - 11

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dinesh Chandimal to finish with a Test batting career average better than KW and Root.

And also to score a minumum of 30 Test 100s.

As of now Chandimal's average 44.96 in 88 inns.

Root 51.04 in 135 inns
KW 50.35 in 116 inns

Chandimal's no.of 100s - 11
He may yet end up with a good average but 30 tons is a fantasy.

Daemon

Even cook only hit 33. Amla's 2 shy. AB was far off. Clarke fell short.

It's a huge milestone and I'll be surprised if all 4 of the fab 4 get there, let alone Chandimal.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Chandimal is a middle order player too, and SL typically field a pretty wonky tail, even the openers have to manage that **** when they ton up, Chandimal would do well to hit 20