• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ian Bell to score more test centuries than Michael Clarke.

Mithchell Starc to average more with bat and ball than Shane Watson

James Vince to make centuries for England in all formats.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Do you mean Starc wll average more with the bat and less with the ball than ********?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Thirramanne and Chandimal to both average over 45 in test cricket in the next 3 years, will slowly become the new Mahela/Sanga - not as prolific though

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Praveen Kumar to have more than 300 test wickets
David Warner to play atleast 10 test matches
Sachin Tendulkar to play atleast 1 international match after his 40th birthday
Someone to hit a ODI 200 and join Tendulkar in that club within 1 year of this post
Ishant Sharma to be amongst the top 3 leading wicket takers in the 2015 WC
Cheteshwar Pujara to score more than 7000 test runs
Tim Southee to have more than 400 ODI wickets
Stuart Broads Batting Avg > Bowling Avg
Alastair Cook to have more than 12000 test runs

Impressive predictions tbh :)

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ian Bell to score more test centuries than Michael Clarke.
I was going to take you up on this one, but the reality is that it's very possible. One of those little statistical quirks that will be good fodder for the "stats aren't everything" argument.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stokes-Foakes-Woakes will never happen.

An English legspinner will take a Test 5fer in the next 3 years.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was going to take you up on this one, but the reality is that it's very possible. One of those little statistical quirks that will be good fodder for the "stats aren't everything" argument.
I don't think it'll be a statistical quirk, it'll merely be a case of Bell playing more Tests than Clarke.

Flem274*

123/5
tbf to morgie with 20/20 hindsight this is funnier.
Because he's just an average bowler. Can tear through sides when conditions suit and he is in good rhythm, but up against a decent batting lineup I feel as though he'll get hammered. Definitely not sub-25 material. Probably 27 or 28.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think it'll be a statistical quirk, it'll merely be a case of Bell playing more Tests than Clarke.
well, yeah, but Bell's average is also in the realm of other players who the consensus rate as much better players.

e.g. Laxman, off the top of my head.