• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh:

Just to clarify, I'm not actually going to accept the bet. Hadn't thought enough about the next batch of emerging cricketers-turn commentators.
Seems to get on extremely well with the other Fox Sports commentators and obviously speaks well enough on the mic judging from today, so if the current lot are still there when he retires (which lets face it is extremely likely) and he wants a go at it, I reckon Blewy and Fleming will put in a good word.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thought I'd put this one out there while he's in the doldrums a bit so I might get a bite - $10 on Virat Kohli being ranked #1 in the ICC Test batting rankings at some stage during his career.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@Kippax Hamish Rutherford to open the batting for NZ in the next world cup and to average >30 in the tournament.

Flem274*

123/5
Make it 35!

Here's one I'm going to tempt the blindly optimistic with: Jesse Ryder will never play international cricket for New Zealand again.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought I'd put this one out there while he's in the doldrums a bit so I might get a bite - $10 on Virat Kohli being ranked #1 in the ICC Test batting rankings at some stage during his career.
I'll take this.

Will claim my $10 in ~15 years time

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
@Kippax Hamish Rutherford to open the batting for NZ in the next world cup and to average >30 in the tournament.
Haha yeah I'm wary of minnow bashing here, the game he gets could be the Nepalese at Seddon Park for all I know. Against top 8s, with guys who can bowl back of a length at 140, he won't average >30. Teams with good SLA as well.

Hamish Rutherford, "Witness the ****ness" - YouTube

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
More than that tbf. You can pay the $26.45 (or whatever it is in March 2015) Sky Sport basic package to help Kippax join Phlegm and Albi in freeloading during the later stages of the tournament. I will direct debit you the same. :p

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Finn will finish with a test bowling average over 30

Cummins will play less than 40 tests in his career

Broad will still be a **** at the end of his career

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Not liking fast bowlers, are we? :p
I realllllyyyy want to be wrong about the cummins one. Except when he's playing NZ, then he needs to get injured asap.

Finn doesn't seem to have developed any kind of backup plan for when he's not getting wickets. Just runs up and bangs it in. Again, happy to be proven wrong

Broad gonna broad.

These are just the first predictions I could think of.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Finn has somehow managed to pick up his wickets for under 30 so far, and that's with being as terrible on occasion as he has been.

I think he'll be dropped before his average goes above 30. Tremlett will come back and do well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Shane Watson will never average above 45 with the bat in Test cricket.
Ricky Ponting will end his Test career having scored 40 Test hundreds.
Kevin Pietersen will become the first Englishman to cross the 10,000 run mark in Tests.
Might as well have the first one.
****ing India.
Not sure whether he'll play long enough.