• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Any takers on...

Phil Hughes to pass 6000 Test runs @ $7.50
Dave Warner to make a Test score over 250 @ $3.50
James Pattinson to pass 300 Test wickets @ $2.75
Steve Smith to average over 45 with the bat in Test cricket bat by age 30 @ $21.00
I'll take $100 each on Warner and Patto.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Would put my balls on the line and say Phil Hughes will get the runs as well. Wouldn't put money on it mind.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't think that Warner making 250 is very, very likely. It could happen, but I mean someone like Sachin Tendulkar hasn't even got to that mark.

Yes, yes Warner opens and bats fast but I wouldn't bet on it

Red

I don't think that Warner making 250 is very, very likely. It could happen, but I mean someone like Sachin Tendulkar hasn't even got to that mark.

Yes, yes Warner opens and bats fast but I wouldn't bet on it
I would. Warner will have a similar career to Sehwag. He'll make a couple of 300 plus scores, esp against minnows.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would. Warner will have a similar career to Sehwag. He'll make a couple of 300 plus scores, esp against minnows.
Id give you 15-1 on Warner making a couple of 300 plus scores.

Not so worried about $$ as Benchy will owe me 4K soon.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Still haven't transferred me that m00lah. Bets are only confirmed once money is put down.

Odds aren't fixed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Big call - are you sure he's got the concentration and technique?
As has been said before, Warner's technique, especially against pace, is much better than Sehwag's. He's one of the most technically capable young batsmen in Australia and the fact that he plays lots of shots doesn't detract from his technique in playing those shots. If he does have a couple of problems they're shot selection and - as you said - concentration. I don't think he's got a triple in him at the moment but I don't think it'd take significant changes to his game for him to get there.

Red

10-1 on Warner making one 300 plus score and I'm there...

Big call - are you sure he's got the concentration and technique?
Yep, he made his 180 off 159 balls. When it happens, he will go from 200-300 in about 40 balls, so concentration won't be the issue!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Lack of technique hasn't hindered someone like Graeme Smith from racking up big scores while staying at the crease for a long time. As much as it's a cliche, he's probably the classic example of a batsman who "knows his limitations" well enough not to be too ambitious at driving the ball through the off-side against say a James Anderson swinging the ball away from him.

In other words, 'good technique' as a neccessity is overrated imo when it comes to making big scores - especially the last few years with pitches not offering much sideways movement. Shows why Sehwag and Hayden were so prolific at big hundreds in this era really.

Red

He only wants it on him making one triple century. NUFAN was offering 15-1 on him making multiple.
Yep. Would be reasonably comfortable with his potential to make one 300+. Not so confident that he'll make 2 or more.