• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Long term bets..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Prince EWS and myself have made some long term bets regarding Cricketers.
I just thought it would be good to post on here so we have a record of it.

The bets are written in my favour so if these things happen I win, if they don't Prince wins.

These are the bets that we have come up with.

- Mitchell Johnson less then 1 test hundred
- Dale Steyn will average over 25.00 with the ball
- George Bailey will average more then Sarwan in Test Cricket (Bailey must play a test).
- Chris Martin to make a test match 10
- Mahendra Dhoni will average more then Brad Haddin at test cricket (Haddin must play a test).
- Alastair Cook will average more then Graeme Smith in test cricket
- Yuvraj will average 40 in both forms of the game

More bets to come..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Not really you know.

Steyn is now under 25.
Martin is going to have to play incredible to make 10.

Johnson may never bat in test cricket, lol..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not really you know.

Steyn is now under 25.
Martin is going to have to play incredible to make 10.

Johnson may never bat in test cricket, lol..
Well I certainly think Cook will average more than Smith. Don't know what I was thinking there.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well I certainly think Cook will average more than Smith. Don't know what I was thinking there.
LOL same not suprisingly.

Smith is averaging 46.81 currently and Cook 44.81.

I think once Cook starts making bigger hundreds he'll soon catch up. His highest score is just 127.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
- Mitchell Johnson less then 1 test hundred
I reckon he'll hit a few fifties, and average just a touch under 20. Similar to Brett Lee

Code:
- Dale Steyn will average over 25.00 with the ball
This will definitely happen.

Code:
- George Bailey will average more then Sarwan in Test Cricket (Bailey must play a test).
Won't happen. Even if Bailey earns a Test cap, then I think Sarwan will end up averaging between 40 and 45.

Code:
- Chris Martin to make a test match 10
Won't happen. Can't get bat on anything other than the spinners, and when he does he can only defend.

Code:
- Mahendra Dhoni will average more then Brad Haddin at test cricket (Haddin must play a test).
Dhoni will average around 35. If Haddin gets a crack he won't be far off 40 IMO.

Code:
- Alastair Cook will average more then Graeme Smith in test cricket
Nah, can't see this one happening.

Code:
- Yuvraj will average 40 in both forms of the game
Will take a fair effort to get his ODI average up over 40.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm not convinced TBH. I also think you'll win with regards to Yuvraj. I am not sure if he'll average 40+ in either form, let alone both.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not convinced TBH. I also think you'll with with regards to Yuvraj. I am not sure if he'll average 40+ in either form, let alone both.
Yeah I'm quite happy with my Yuvraj bet. I'm thinking I'll lose the Steyn and Cook/Smith bets though.

I can see most people disagreeing with my Mitchell Johnson stance, but I have a feeling.

sideshowtim

Banned
Um, you think he will score 25% more runs than Lara?
Not because he's better or anything. Ali Cook will be an all-time great batsman though, and the increased number of Tests played (which'll only increase in years to come) will see 15,000 a very achieveable feat. Especially for one who has started the game so young.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey Perm, why do you think Steyn will definitely average over 25?
Because he's just an average bowler. Can tear through sides when conditions suit and he is in good rhythm, but up against a decent batting lineup I feel as though he'll get hammered. Definitely not sub-25 material. Probably 27 or 28.

gwo

U19 Debutant
Not because he's better or anything. Ali Cook will be an all-time great batsman though, and the increased number of Tests played (which'll only increase in years to come) will see 15,000 a very achieveable feat. Especially for one who has started the game so young.
Dude...tendulkar started young. Not near 15,000.

Has to be nearly as good a player as the Indian Maestro to get 15,000.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Tendulkar played much of his career when India didn't play as many Tests as they do now. Cook will play many more matches than SRT, even if he plays for the same number of years.

gwo

U19 Debutant
Tendulkar played much of his career when India didn't play as many Tests as they do now. Cook will play many more matches than SRT, even if he plays for the same number of years.
Will he be as good as Tendulkar tho?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'd say almost definitely not, but he could conceivably play 160+ Tests which could get him to 15000 runs.
As long as his average is around 48 I'lll be pretty happy. Doubt Smith can average that high.