• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lehmann a retired man

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Thought it was worthy of a separate thread.

(and I only noticed it when I had a look at the Aussie domestic thread...)

Very talented bloke who missed out on more test chances due to the embarrassment of riches in the Australian batting order. What NZers would do for a player lke him...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Thought it was worthy of a separate thread.

(and I only noticed it when I had a look at the Aussie domestic thread...)

Very talented bloke who missed out on more test chances due to the embarrassment of riches in the Australian batting order. What NZers would do for a player lke him...
Start shovelling pies into your young cricketers.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Excellent batsman. He left a bad taste in my mouth as in his autobiography, he still seems to blame the cameras more than himself for his ill advised comment though.

But he was an excellent player for both Australia and in domestic cricket as well. When he played, he was great to watch. In any other country, he would have played many more Tests over a much longer period, and like Stuart Clark, missed out due to the overflowing of talent in the Australian team.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Well done Lehmo. Not a favourite to watch but seemed like a decent aussie bloke as they like to say. I can imagine him slotting into some commentary box somewhere or maybe coaching. Very much doubt he'll dissapear from the game.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
He was a class batsman. I never thought he was test class, and tbh, still don't. But there's no denying the talent he had.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
An absolutely amazing batsman. Will miss seeing him bat but best wishes for the life ahead.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always a fan of Lehmann, gun batsman and very handy bowler. Sad to see him go.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He was a class batsman. I never thought he was test class, and tbh, still don't. But there's no denying the talent he had.
Harsh for me. Averaged a tick under 45 from this 20-odd tests. As others have said it was hardly his fault he played in an era when Oz had an embarrassment of riches.

Great servant to Yorkshire and it's sad his reputation will have a permanent stain, but what he said was pretty indefensible.

Craig

World Traveller
Thought he was a little bit over-rated in the Test arena, although that was brilliant how he played Sri Lanka at home after David Hookes died. But you could always see him punishing the West Indies and Bangladeshi bowling line-ups though. Thought he was a bit arrogant with how he batted and walked around the crease.