• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is sachin tendulkar having the unluckiest year ever?

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
As was Jamie Siddons' life......

Siddons, from the slips: "Hurry up and take guard, this isn't a bloody Test match."
Batsman: "Obviously. You're here!"

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saw the beginning of Tendy's innings yesterday and he was incredibly lucky so would be delighted with 97

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Have they won all the games where Tendulkar scored in the 90s?

I think the fans want to see the centuries more than Tendulkar really needs them.

sideshowtim

Banned
His chokiest year perhaps. Doesn't matter though I suppose. The difference between a 97 and a 100 for your team is very minimal. Your team goal should always come first, so he's proved me wrong and served the team better than I thought he could.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No-one's unlucky to keep getting out in the 90s unless they're repeatedly being run-out or given out incorrectly.

It is astonishing that anyone could get this many 90s in a row without getting a century once, even more so when there are 3 99s, but ask any batsman before almost any innings if they'll be happy to get 90-odd they will.

Tendulkar has had far, far worse years than this and I doubt he'll be anything more than a bit frustrated at his bogey-90s.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah not really. Unlucky, as Richard said, would be a slew of incorrect decisions. He has had some, but in most he has simply been out. That's just the way it goes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
His couple of 90s dismissals in England were given incorrectly, but the rest he just got nervous and went out in the 90s.

funnygirl

State Regular
Saw the beginning of Tendy's innings yesterday and he was incredibly lucky so would be delighted with 97
Lucky ? how ? .That LBW was too high . The only lucky part was that run out ,otherwise he was dominating right through the innings .

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
His couple of 90s dismissals in England were given incorrectly, but the rest he just got nervous and went out in the 90s.
Yeah. Was choking at times. Shows how even the great champions of the game are human.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AWTA re: England dismissals, haven't seen the rest of his 90's though so i can't comment.

Oh, and to go Off Topic (apologies) Dravid it would fantastic if you were still interested and signed in (CW Football, Season 2 is up and going :D)