• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vishant More

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
For those who know him only slightly less than me, Vishant More is a 15-year old wicket-keeper/opening batsman for Indian domestic side Maharashtra (home to Munaf Patel and Venugopal Rao). I've only followed him on Cricinfo but he has scored 26 & 32 in his first two first-class innings, taking 4 dismissals in the process.

Could any Indians shed some light on this incomprehensibly young gun? Could he be a star in the future?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is India similar to Pakistan when it comes to players and their ages?

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Does he even warrant a discussion??

MS Dhoni as the wk/batsman/ODI captain probably will be in the Indian side for a good 7/8 years, then there is Dinesh Karthick waiting in the wings
and then there is Parthiv Patel who at 22yrs has a pretty decent first class average

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
For those who know him only slightly less than me, Vishant More is a 15-year old wicket-keeper/opening batsman for Indian domestic side Maharashtra (home to Munaf Patel and Venugopal Rao). I've only followed him on Cricinfo but he has scored 26 & 32 in his first two first-class innings, taking 4 dismissals in the process.

Could any Indians shed some light on this incomprehensibly young gun? Could he be a star in the future?
Quality last name. Can't comment beyond that.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ther age that someone comes into the Indian FC game almost has no bearing as to whether they will play internationally.

jeevan

International 12th Man
I believe so.
No basis for said belief. Birth records in urban/semi-urban India are quite well kept and Kolhapur (city of birth of Vishant More - pronounced Moray as in the french e with the acute accent) is certainly an urban center.

Even Munaf, probably the most rural origin of Indian cricketers of any prominence, has never had his DoB questioned.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ther age that someone comes into the Indian FC game almost has no bearing as to whether they will play internationally.
Agreed. Also, it is very hard for the average person to evaluate players in Indian FC cricket as the games aren't televised - so you either have to read about it (and match reports are rare too) or you have to actually go to the game.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Yeah, and all you Pakistani's stink!
Are you trying to get an Indo-Pak flame fest going on here or something?

If not, then accept that birth records in India have nothing to do with Pakistan and vice versa. They are reasonably different countries in matters of government and administration and best to leave the matter at that.

This More guy may or may not be special (I hadnt heard of him till this thread), but there is very little specific or general reason to doubt his age. ICL is a reason why many players in India are getting FC breaks this season and he appears to be one of the dozens of beneficiaries.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/317740.html

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:unsure:

I was simply making a matter of fact statement that the birth records in India are pretty reliable and the players are almost always the age they say they are.
Are you trying to get an Indo-Pak flame fest going on here or something?
It was an attempt at a joke. silentstriker's post sounded a little like India is far greater than Pakistan, and wouldn't be so corrupt. Just how I read it, and I can almost guarrantee it wasn't meant to come across that way.

jeevan

International 12th Man
It was an attempt at a joke. silentstriker's post sounded a little like India is far greater than Pakistan, and wouldn't be so corrupt. Just how I read it, and I can almost guarrantee it wasn't meant to come across that way.
Actually since there is no physical violence involved (I hope), there is possible fun in inciting internet flame wars. :)

And all this over an almost 16 yr old who is a 3rd choice keeper of a not quite first tier FC team in India (many good Maharashtra players want to play for the Bombay team). So I will refrain from biting on the India > Pakistan comment of yours.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually since there is no physical violence involved (I hope), there is possible fun in inciting internet flame wars. :)
Well... not really, no, it's a waste of bandwidth and wholly tiring and off-putting to most forum-readers.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Vishant More? Just a lucky beneficiary of an exodus to ICL.

What great thing has he done? And does he even have a chance? There are as many as four wicketkeepers ahead of him, and only one is assured of a place in the team.