• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Greatest ODI Ever Played?

Nation Involved In Most Intresting Odis?

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Hi Friends, Now here is the thread for Odis... Discuss, Ask & Know about the best ODIs ever played?:jawdrop: :gathering

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There was that development ODI staged on an oversized cheese grater a few years back. I think the pitch was laid based on a mid 90s Sabina Park design. That would probably go down as the gratest ODI.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
As far as upsets go Kenya do it in style

Check out the second one in my sig. A real cracker despite the level of teams involved

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The '99 semi > the Wanderers epic IMO, even though I was much, much more pleased with the victors in the latter.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There's so many of these bludgers that half the time it's hard to remember what happened last week let alone in the entire history of the game. There's plenty of great finishes but once they're gone they're hard to recall, it's just a case of.............................next please.
Unless it's a World Cup Match or some sort of record is broken many of the best matches are soon forgotten.

PS. What a totally pointless nonsensical poll.

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Aus Vs Saf, Semi Final, WC ENG 99?
It was nail biting for sure. But, the finish decided by mind freeze of Donald ruined it.

In Johannesburg, they had to knock ball after ball to chase that huge target. One determination, one target!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Aus vs. SAF semi for me.

Aus vs. WI - Bevan special comes to mind as well.

SAF vs. Aus 434 chase for the sheer ridiculous nature is up there. Its definitely not the best, but it was crazy. Same goes for the India vs. England Nat West Series final, no one could have possibly thought India would win that at 5-146 chasing 326 (which was massive back in 2002).

Eng vs. WI - Champions Trophy Final. Anotehr ridiculous match. I would have put my house on England when WI were 8 down. Lucky I didn't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SAF vs. Aus 434 chase for the sheer ridiculous nature is up there. Its definitely not the best, but it was crazy. Same goes for the India vs. England Nat West Series final, no one could have possibly thought India would win that at 5-146 chasing 326 (which was massive back in 2002).
England-India wasn't insane, though. Which made it all the more enjoyable (especially as I almost wanted India to win given they'd been the best side in the tournament by a mile - and Ganguly's return-the-favour added to that in the aftermath). It was exactly what I want a high-scoring ODI to be; SA-Aus was, well, beyond ridiculous really. I'm sure someone else will chase 430 again someday, but equally, they might not.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i am confuse.. he wants us to choose one time who played the greatest one day match ever.. or he wants us to pick the greatest one day match ever..

pakistani team is a team that is unpredicatable and at thier days they can make excited a death onesided match....so i voted for pakistan..

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I feel even the Odi Between Ireland & Kenya (Though Minnows) In WCL Div 1 is one of the best Odis ever played...