• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Roy worried about 'bombs'

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Yeah saw it on the news, don't think I would take that very well if I was from Pakistan. I don't think he thought it over at all :-O

sideshowtim

Banned
Well he has a point doesn't he? Not exactly the safest places to tour at the moment.

Didn't they just declare a State of Emergency there?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well he has a point doesn't he? Not exactly the safest places to tour at the moment.
You can make a pretty compelling argument for just about anywhere being not the safest place to tour. In this country (though you don't hear about it on national news that often - because it's so common) people are shot at every day. It all depends on what you want to believe.

The reality is, some safety concerns are just more, well... overblown than others. The reality is, provided you take the precautions you should, you're every bit as unlikely to be in danger in Pakistan as you ever were.

Xuhaib

International Coach
You can make a pretty compelling argument for just about anywhere being not the safest place to tour. In this country (though you don't hear about it on national news that often - because it's so common) people are shot at every day. It all depends on what you want to believe.

The reality is, some safety concerns are just more, well... overblown than others. The reality is, provided you take the precautions you should, you're every bit as unlikely to be in danger in Pakistan as you ever were.
Yep been talking to my family everyday since the emergency started and they say not an iota has changed and everything is peacefull, these sort of incidents are overblown by the international media.

BTW didn't the bombs went off in London suring Ashes 05 never heard the Ozzies complaining about safety at that time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Did actually - Gillespie said they'd think about going home if any more went-off. :p And they went-off (July 7th) during the NatWest Challenge - I remember it well, as I was driving when I first heard - ejected the tape, heard the radio, presumed it was one of those it-will-happen-one-day things... eventually became clear that it actually had happened this time. And the first game of the series was that very day.

Who knows what might have happened had the failed attacks 3 weeks later succeeded. :unsure:

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
A fairly tongue-in-cheek, if ill-advised, comment IMO.

Still, overblowing a story occurs both ways - I daresay this wouldn't be anywhere near as much of an issue had someone other than Andy "insert semi-controversial quote here" Symonds said it.

A bit of a non-story, really.