• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A New Cricket Bat

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Kimbo

International Debutant
i know what you mean- sometimes i wonder if i'd be just as useful without a bat

Kimbo

International Debutant
well, that has got to be the worst batting average i ever saw... mines about 10... so i cant really talk though...
hey neil, whats you bowling average? time to redeem yourself!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I haven't bowled particularly often but my average for School over Years 9 and 10 was 11.09 so that's not too bad. I'm just inconsistent as anything - I go from 4-0-11-2 to 1-0-9-0...

Kimbo

International Debutant
I can't say I'm very consistent as a bowler either. But as a leg spinner it's difficult to have good control ... well thats my excuse anyway. I go from 10-2-19-2 to 4-0-28-0 ... its embarrassing. But as a leggie I bowl the most embarrassing balls- like if one sticks in my hand it might bounce or almost bounce twice (its even more embarrassing when you get a wicket with one of these- its happened to me 3 times!) or sometimes the ball slips out of my hand and goes miles into the sky, and theres the googly gone wrong pitched on leg spinning further and the keepers got no idea...

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
Isn't this bat kind of, against the rules of cricket. If it hits the edge it isn't as likely to carry. Hey, why don't we give the whole England team one?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Im a fast bowler, and not bad either, seeing as though I got a districts shot. I actually pride myself of bowling maidens!
I've seen plenty of district players lacking in talent..