Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 510

Thread: ***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2007/08

  1. #1
    School Boy/Girl Captain Silver Arrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    186

    ***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2007/08

    The 4-day State Championship started today with Matthew Sinclair scoring the first century of the domestic season and finishing day one on 189* helping Central Districts to 304/5 with Tim Lythe on 24*

    In Christchurch, Auckland are 259/4 at stumps on with Nicol 41* and de Grandhomme on 13*

    In Hamilton, Northern Districts are 219/9 at stumps with Aldridge on 32* and Arnel on 7*

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,496
    Sinclair to play against Bangladesh IMO.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

  3. #3
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    14,377
    Get in! Heath's tip before the start of the season, Mark Houghton, bagged 2-12 off 5 overs today. Didn't even expect him to play first class until after Christmas, so well ahead of my schedule. Jesse with 2 wickets too. Keep it up Firebirds.

    In other news...

    BJ Watling continues to impress as a stonewaller... 166 balls for 58....
    Matty Sinclair continues to spank Provincial attacks...
    Geoff Barnett proves the stupidity in Phlegm's suggestion of an NZ call up with a duck off 42 balls
    Last edited by HeathDavisSpeed; 12-11-2007 at 01:28 AM.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

  4. #4
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,369
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Get in! Heath's tip before the start of the season, Mark Houghton, bagged 2-12 off 5 overs today. Didn't even expect him to play first class until after Christmas, so well ahead of my schedule. Jesse with 2 wickets too. Keep it up Firebirds.

    In other news...

    BJ Watling continues to impress as a stonewaller... 166 balls for 58....
    Matty Sinclair continues to spank Provincial attacks...
    Geoff Barnett proves the stupidity in Phlegm's suggestion of an NZ call up with a duck off 42 balls
    *sigh* thanks Geoff. he did do well for Canada though, but I doubt he'd compete against the likes of australia.

    CD going well, without Greg Hay I think as well. The problem will be the bowling. No Mason, Hamilton or Oram anymore so we may have a major problem.

    Jamie How playing pathetically. And this guy is going to play one dayers for NZ shortly.

    Oh and the period that foreign players have to wait for before they play for another test side is three years, how long has De Gronholmme been playing? Two years? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that as long as he's in reasonable form he'll be selected as soon as he's elligible.

    Isn't BJ Watling a wicketkeeper opener? How old is he and how talented? He's got a good chance of playing England next year if things keep going downhill...
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh


  5. #5
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,369
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Sinclair to play against Bangladesh IMO.
    And score a couple of double centuries in typical Sinclair fashion.

  6. #6
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    14,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Jamie How playing pathetically. And this guy is going to play one dayers for NZ shortly.

    Oh and the period that foreign players have to wait for before they play for another test side is three years, how long has De Gronholmme been playing? Two years? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that as long as he's in reasonable form he'll be selected as soon as he's elligible.

    Isn't BJ Watling a wicketkeeper opener? How old is he and how talented? He's got a good chance of playing England next year if things keep going downhill...
    BJ Watling is a young stonewaller. I think he's 22/23. No chance of him playing against England, Phlegm. Griggs is a better keeper. Christ, Northerns have selected McGlashan as a keeper ahead of Watling as keeper today.

    I think de Grandhomme only moved here last year - two years left to qualify - and AGAIN, no need to sink to panic measures. He's a decent player, but he's in the middle order YET AGAIN! We've got a surfeit of middle orderers who are currently better players than him. I'm not ruling him out in the future, but he should be about 9 or 10th in the middle order queue - not first or second!!!

    How is poor though. Another one of Bracewell's boys, sadly.
    Last edited by HeathDavisSpeed; 12-11-2007 at 01:52 AM.

  7. #7
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,369
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    BJ Watling is a young stonewaller. I think he's 22/23. No chance of him playing against England, Phlegm. Griggs is a better keeper. Christ, Northerns have selected McGlashan as a keeper ahead of Watling as keeper today.

    I think de Grandhomme only moved here last year - two years left to qualify - and AGAIN, no need to sink to panic measures. He's a decent player, but he's in the middle order YET AGAIN! We've got a surfeit of middle orderers who are currently better players than him. I'm not ruling him out in the future, but he should be about 9 or 10th in the middle order queue - not first or second!!!

    How is poor though. Another one of Bracewell's boys, sadly.
    I was under the impression that De Grandhomme was one of the better middle order men.

    And i was in no way serious about Watling playing against England, nice to know we have someone who can see off a new ball though.

  8. #8
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    14,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I was under the impression that De Grandhomme was one of the better middle order men.
    I do a mean impression of Dave Dobbyn. I'll save that one for when I'm next at a karaoke bar though.

    De Grandhomme's a decent talent, but Ryder, Hay, Broom, Nicol, Redmond, Flynn... they're all talented and have a bit more experience. I don't think you need to pressurise a lad who's not even eligible to play for NZ yet (just look at Ray Price as an example for one who changed his mind about playing for his new country).

    Mind you, in three years time you might see a 5-6-7 of Myburgh, de Grandhomme, van Wyk and wonder if NZ's a satellite state of South Africa rather than Australia.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Arrow View Post
    The 4-day State Championship started today with Matthew Sinclair scoring the first century of the domestic season and finishing day one on 189*
    Oh, what a shock! You could almost be fooled into thinking the guy was a good batsman!

    Bracewell.
    ~ Cribbage ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,651
    Congratu-freakin-lations, Braces - you're a chump. Hand in your coaches badge at NZ Cricket and go back to digging graves.

  11. #11
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post

    CD going well, without Greg Hay I think as well. The problem will be the bowling. No Mason, Hamilton or Oram anymore so we may have a major problem.

    Jamie How playing pathetically. And this guy is going to play one dayers for NZ shortly.
    Ummmm, How wasn't playing for CD, he's already left for SA. And Greg Hay is. He got out for 10 (doesn't really seem like that exciting a prospect to me).

    Fairly interesting day's play. Again nothing good coming out of that supposed bright young star Hamish Bennett, but then again it does sound like a feather bed of a pitch. Which makes it all the more surprising that Auckland batted at less than 2.5.

    BJ Watling might be a decent opener, he did average 37 last season. But then again Papps averaged 90 last season, and look how spectacularly he's getting on in the republic.

    Disappointed Wellington couldn't bowl Northern out last night. I'm keen to see Tim Southee have a bowl. He had a good end to last season and it'll be interesting to see whether he can follow through with it.

    A good start. It's a pity the BC's aren't playing in this, as they could do with being in teams that regularly pass 200.

  12. #12
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    71
    what was the central district top order doing. 3-39 and the only batsman to score was Matt Sinclair....

    Also great to see James Marshall captain of northern district. fantastic fella - played for our club a few years back. pretty good batsman as well but has just struggled in first class cricket. I think he, along with countless others are victims of ordinary new zealand pitches....

    Also how is Wellington likely to go this season with Anthony Stuart as coach??

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Congratu-freakin-lations, Braces - you're a chump. Hand in your coaches badge at NZ Cricket and go back to digging graves.
    AAARGH! IT'S VOLTMAN!

  14. #14
    School Boy/Girl Captain Silver Arrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    186
    Northern dismissed for 224, Arnel run out by Matthew Bell for 8, Aldridge left 36 not out.
    Last edited by Silver Arrow; 12-11-2007 at 02:44 PM.

  15. #15
    School Boy/Girl Captain Silver Arrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    186
    200 up for Matthew Sinclair, his 5th double century in first-class cricket

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. **Official Bangladesh Domestic Cricket**
    By Jungle Jumbo in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 887
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 09:42 AM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 16-10-2008, 02:24 AM
  3. ***Official*** Indian Domestic Season 2007-08
    By adharcric in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 298
    Last Post: 26-04-2008, 01:35 AM
  4. ***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2007/08
    By brockley in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2698
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 05:06 AM
  5. ***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007
    By superkingdave in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2267
    Last Post: 24-09-2007, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •