• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2007/08

Athlai

Not Terrible
One of his 1st ball dismissals was actually a runout. He tried to get 2 and got runout so ended up with 1 off 1 ball. What do you call that? a "golden 1"? *shrugs*
If he got that run he would've undoubtedly scored a 50.

Let this man open our batting!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting to hear the commentators say Matty Bell has finally stopped tinkering with his technique more than your average Michael Campbell and is now scoring big runs consistently which he never used to do. Heath have you seen him in action this season?
I haven't been to the Basin yet this year. Most of the games have been during the week, so I've actually been working at the time. I meant to go today but I've been nursing the missus after her Christmas Do last night. Bloody light-weight Sheilas!!

Fiery

Banned
If he got that run he would've undoubtedly scored a 50.

Let this man open our batting!
He's had some rough luck. It'll be How and Cumming in the Bang test series, I'm sure. Big opportunities for both of those guys to cash in.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Think if How just plays gutsy cricket he should take the opening spot, openers don't need to be perfect, just hard bastards who can keep their wicket like Richardson. Really hoping someone will step up.

Fiery

Banned
Think if How just plays gutsy cricket he should take the opening spot, openers don't need to be perfect, just hard bastards who can keep their wicket like Richardson. Really hoping someone will step up.
How has showed some ticker in the last 2 games, for sure. Has probably cemented a spot for a while in just 2 games. Great to see and really hoping to see him and cement a test spot too. Has a few flaws in his technique but pulls and drives the ball very well

Athlai

Not Terrible
How has showed some ticker in the last 2 games, for sure. Has probably cemented a spot for a while in just 2 games. Great to see and really hoping to see him and cement a test spot too. Has a few flaws in his technique but pulls and drives the ball very well
A stone walling Richardson technique to everything but what he knows very well that he can hit would be fantastic TBH.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
ODI success does not guarantee test success, remember. But, at least some form is better than no form. I wouldn't mind seeing How and Cumming, I have to admit, despite what I've said earlier.

If just to see How he goes.

Yeah, How puns=fish in barrel.

NZTailender

AWTA so so so much. Would love to have someone grind out a 50* (200) than another 12 (20).

NZTailender

No, not as slow as Richardson but I would like a stonewaller to come through the ranks.

NZTailender

Haven't seen anything of Redmond, but he seems to be the next in line. Would like to see him play. Might get a chance too this season.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Auckland 76/8

BE Scott 7 - 1 - 18 - 6.

Otago chose to bat, so this is the reason the Black Caps batsmen are poos. Send a team in on what is probably a crap pitch with overcast conditions.

Also, where is McMillan? Injured yet again?