• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2007/08

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Holly hell - 4 off 49 deliveries for Ryder. Maybe he was just getting his eye in?

Bell 81 off 95.

Wellington cruising along @ 3.16 an over.

Flem274*

123/5
CD struggling to bowl anyone out. I'm not surprised, worst seam attack in the country which is a damn shame as we have the best FC batsman in the country and all his work is at risk of going to waste.

As for those who say Bracewell is a ****: Wise men.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Keep your eyes on Robbie Schaw at CD, Phlegm. He looked a pretty good leggie when I saw him last year. Looks like he's been a bit expensive (4 an over), but at least he bagged a couple of key wickets.

Canterbury looking to finish last this season. Too much inexperience, though it could be the making of Brandon Hiini who's going to have to take a lot more responsibility with Bat and Ball given he's one of the 'older' players now.

Perm

Love Sinclair. I had a mini-whinge about the fact he wasn't in the test team in the other thread, and then I opened this thread up and saw he was on 189*. Great timing really.
He's scoring runs against Otago though. Not good.

Flem274*

123/5
He's scoring runs against Otago though. Not good.
Otago are awesome. Their bowlers are helping us win.:p

Sadly, our bowlers are helping their batsmen too. I see McClennan hails from Aucks. He has the only wicket so far, could be a decent prospect for the championship.

Natman20

International Debutant
Is anyone else here a bit scared by the depth we have in domestic cricket these days? There seems to be a lot of young inexperienced players mixed amongst could-have beens. I think in the last year the squads looks drastically inexperienced. Whether thats due to the blackcaps gone or not I do not know but if we were looking for back-up players we might struggle to find true talent. Heres hoping some more players shine on this season.

Ingram again looks in form. How old is he? He seems to be stable at the top of the order. I thought that about Papps last year but he is proving me wrong in the south africa tour. The bowling line ups lack a bit of good spin at the moment.

Its only the beginning of the season so there is a lot to see from the players. Heres hoping there are some that shine brighter than the others this year and we start seeing some higher scores.

HeathDavisSpeed

An exceptional game for James Marshall. He's bound to be sitting next to the phone waiting for the call up from Braces.

2 innings, 2 dismissals - 22 runs, 143 balls. SR of 15.4

In a less sarcastic tone, 2 more wickets for Mark Houghton. 16 - 5 - 19 - 2 at the moment.

Silver Arrow

School Boy/Girl Captain
An exceptional game for James Marshall. He's bound to be sitting next to the phone waiting for the call up from Braces.

2 innings, 2 dismissals - 22 runs, 143 balls. SR of 15.4

In a less sarcastic tone, 2 more wickets for Mark Houghton. 16 - 5 - 19 - 2 at the moment.
He just scored a ton today along with Greg Todd

Perm

Otago Volts 272
GR Todd 110
DJ Bowden 4/57

Wellington 49/1
MD Bell 30*

Awesome effort from Todd to hold up the side, his last season was good so I'm hoping he can continue this good form. Hopefully we can restrict Wellington to a low total and then take advantage of our lead.

HeathDavisSpeed

He just scored a ton today along with Greg Todd
Well. That most certainly will be enough to earn him a recall. Expect Sinclair to not be required by the Black Caps now!

Good to see Hiini picking up 4 top order batsmen too.

The less said about Central Districts the better, I feel.