• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Live ON net?

vg19

Cricket Spectator
Hi,

Is there any website where I can watch sricket games LIVE? If so, which ones?

Thanks

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vg19 said:
Hi,

Is there any website where I can watch sricket games LIVE? If so, which ones?

Thanks
You can only watch text commentry on Cricinfo.com

You cannot watch or listen to any matches though because of copyright issues.

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Re: Live ON net?

Rik said:
You can only watch text commentry on Cricinfo.com

You cannot watch or listen to any matches though because of copyright issues.
That's not entily true Rik, as Radio 4 (English Only) are covering all the England games and a few others - and all matches from the Super Sixes onwards....

Taken from the BBC's Cricket website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/cwc2003/default.stm

BBC radio's World Cup team

Test Match Special will be at major fixtures in the first round, including all of England's games, and every match in the later stages.

And BBC Radio Five Live Sports Extra - on digital radio and digital TV - will provide ball-by-ball commentary on three further first-round games.

Meanwhile, the BBC's Asian Network is set to keep listeners up-to-date with the four Asian sides taking part, while Ceefax offers latest news and scores around the clock.

Test Match Special broadcasts can be heard on BBC Radio Four (198LW) and there will also be regular updates on BBC Radio Five Live.

Commentary dates:

February

9th South Africa v West Indies, Cape Town
Hours of play: 1230-2015 GMT

11th Australia v Pakistan, Johannesburg
0800-1545 GMT (Sports Extra only)

13th Zimbabwe v England, Harare
0720-1515 GMT

15th Australia v India, Centurion
0800-1545 GMT

16th England v Holland, East London
0800-1545 GMT

19th England v Namibia, Port Elizabeth
0800-1545 GMT

22nd England v Pakistan, Cape Town
1230-2015 GMT

26th England v India, Durban
1230-2015 GMT

28th Sri Lanka v West Indies, Cape Town
1230-2015 GMT (Sports Extra only)

March

1st Pakistan v India, Centurion
0800-1545 GMT

2nd Australia v England, Port Elizabeth
0800-1545 GMT

3rd South Africa v Sri Lanka, Durban
1230-2015 GMT (Sports Extra only)

Super Six

7th 1st Group A v 1st Group B, Centurion
0800-1545 GMT

2nd Group A v 2nd Group B, Cape Town
1230-2015 GMT

8th 3rd Group A v 3rd Group B, Bloemfontein
0800-1545 GMT

10th 2nd Group A v 1st Group B, Johannesburg
0800-1545 GMT

11th 1st Group A v 3rd Group B, Port Elizabeth
0800-1545 GMT

12th 3rd Group A v 2nd Group B, Bloemfontein
0800-1545 GMT

14th 2nd Group A v 3rd Group B, Centurion
0800-1545 GMT

15th 3rd Group A v 1st Group B, East London
0800-1545 GMT

1st Group A v 2nd Group B, Durban
1230-2015 GMT

Semi-finals

18th 1st Super Six v 4th Super Six, Port Elizabeth
0800-1545 GMT

20th 2nd Super Six v 3rd Super Six, Durban
1230-2015 GMT

Final

23rd Johannesburg
0800-1545 GMT

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I ment "only watch text commentry" as in it's only text commentry. You can't listen to internet radio of any of the matches from what I've heard, because of copyright issues. However you should be able to hear some of the matches on Radio 4 LongWave over here. I'm sure there is a Canadian radio station providing coverage.

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
I ment "only watch text commentry" as in it's only text commentry. You can't listen to internet radio of any of the matches from what I've heard, because of copyright issues. However you should be able to hear some of the matches on Radio 4 LongWave over here. I'm sure there is a Canadian radio station providing coverage.
Oh ok my mistake, as for watching doesn't cricinfo offer some service where you can watch each ball, eg as it updates the scorecard you can view any of the deliveries that have gone so far, or watch all the 4/6's or all the wickets. I know it was for the India, Zim, Pak games over the winter but can't remember who they were agaist.

However it does cost and I think it required Broadband internet....I'll go have a search and see if I can find you a link.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cricinfo do cover each game ball-by-ball, but there have been a few problems with their coverage in one or two games (I believe that they lost it for about 25 overs the other day).

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Cricinfo have this option where you can watch some video footage of shots and also listen to audio and audio diarys and such but it does cost.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Cricketnext.com has got the copyrights for the WC and it is showing live all the matches( video). As far as free audio commentry goes , Wisden is offering it but it is only covering some matches and also rediff.com .

Well I know its not what you are looking for but you can download Cricket Bar from www.cricketbar.com

Its a program that shows you scores of a certain ODI match. It tells you the score. The bowlers over so far, The batters score and how many balls they have faced and the run rate. I'm using it now. Its only for ODI matches though.