• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe and South Africa

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I certainly hope a certain Chris Gayle doesn't, lest I end up with a very dodgy avatar.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
That's that then. Well done Windies...and Steyn.

Does anyone know why Lonwabo Tsotsobe isn't in the SA A squad for the warm-up game? And what on earth is Robbie P doing there?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Who do you drop, though? Ntini? Nel? Harris?
Harris according to me. Spin doesn't come into play much as it is in South Africa and the 4 pace bowlers is the better option. Kallis is there to play the stock bowler's role if needed too.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Harris will definitely play imo considering how he's had decent success and SA have been crying out for a spinner.

Pollock, Ntini, Steyn, Harris, Kallis for me.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Nah Harris will definitely play imo considering how he's had decent success and SA have been crying out for a spinner.

Pollock, Ntini, Steyn, Harris, Kallis for me.
Hope they use that line up - I don't much like André Nel and would like to see Pollock back in Test action. Would love for him to get to 4000 runs, though he still has a way to go to get there.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Hope they use that line up - I don't much like André Nel and would like to see Pollock back in Test action. Would love for him to get to 4000 runs, though he still has a way to go to get there.
I would definitely have Andre Nel over Pollock in a test match at this point in time.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Good stuff by the West Indies and I certainly think from a bowling perspective, they will test the Saffie batsmen a lot more than the Kiwis did.

The key to how competitive they will be IMO is how well they bat.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andre Nel who has averaged 46.06 with the ball over his past 13 Tests? Fair point, I'd say. No 5-wicket hauls too. Not even a 4-wicket haul.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
That's that then. Well done Windies...and Steyn.

Does anyone know why Lonwabo Tsotsobe isn't in the SA A squad for the warm-up game? And what on earth is Robbie P doing there?
Lonwabo is being rested (High Performance directives) but his been replaced by Zondeki whose bowling like lightening and taking wickets for fun at the moment. Be good seeing him and De Wet in action.

And Robbie P is there to carry the drinks for the game is being played in his back yard.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yeah. If Morné plays, it will be a massacre. Will be a dream attack together.
Morkel they hope will be fit for Durban, the third test match. Although, his going to be with the squad throughout the series and might be able to take part in Cape Town.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can not help but feel Shaun Pollock’s performance tonight will not adhere him to many in CSA hierarchy. Say what you will about Graeme Smith but the guy has a presence and command but critically he would never allow Dale Steyn to play second fiddle to a guy who currently bowls 75mph length. Morton must have had a hard on when he saw that he would be facing Pollock not arguably the worlds most inform fast bowler. That was pure ego there from Pollock, for Steyn and Ntini were South Africa’s only hope, Pollock bowling three overs for nothing was never going to win the game, wickets were needed and he ****ed up big time.

Also it was good to see Bodi fail so miserably. This was the idiot who bemoaned his omission from South Africa’s last 20/20 squad, yet, he has his chance tonight and he duly obliges by running out the captain and then proceeds to waste 20 odd balls for no end result and was dismissed playing a shocker of a shot. That will be the end of you mate and what about poor Morne van Wyk, wasn’t picked when he was gunning it and now seemingly can’t stop getting selected when he can not buy a run domestically.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Gosh if you hate the dude so much (Gulam Bodi) go shoot him:ph34r:

Anyway its nice for the Windies to make sure a certain East African nation no longer have the most pathetic T20 innings total of all time, what remains to be seen is if the likes of Jerome Taylor, Fidel Edwards, Dwayne Bravo, and Darren Sammy (if he gets into the Test side) will be able to keep bowling like that in Test conditions and at least give the batting which can fire once in a while a real chance of taking the game to the Saffas