• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ray Price returns for Zimbabwe

Chubb

International Regular
Ray Price Makes International Comeback

I'm so happy for Ray that he gets another chance to show everyone what he can do. He has obviously thought long and hard about his decision and he is going to be a big improvement for the side. Can't wait to see him in action again, as to be honest he is my favourite cricketer of all time. The tour starts on November 30th so I don't know if the mods would like to make this the official thread or not.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Good to see, he's a very good spinner.. I'm wondering why he's done it though? Things seemed pretty peachy for him in Worcester.. I miss Zim too, doesn't mean I want to go back there at the moment!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see, he's a very good spinner.. I'm wondering why he's done it though? Things seemed pretty peachy for him in Worcester.. I miss Zim too, doesn't mean I want to go back there at the moment!
He left Worcestershire after rejecting a new one year deal - wasn't happy with the amount of cricket he was playing.

Good coup for Zim cricket though and Price will be a big asset against the touring West Indians this December.

FBU

International Debutant
At Worcs he couldn't displace Batty.

2004 - 3 matches 10 wickets at 42.00
2005 - 10 matches 30 wickets at 32.13
2006 - 8 matches 15 wickets at 54.20
2007 - 2 matches 4 wickets at 64.00

Chubb

International Regular
At Worcs he couldn't displace Batty.

2004 - 3 matches 10 wickets at 42.00
2005 - 10 matches 30 wickets at 32.13
2006 - 8 matches 15 wickets at 54.20
2007 - 2 matches 4 wickets at 64.00
Heresy!

No, look.... I know it doesn't... er...make very pretty reading really but you haven't got his OD stats and it ignores the fact he is hideously unlucky at times, I've never seen such an unlucky bowler.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought there was some talk about him playing four years in England and then maybe getting a stint in the national side. Or am I imagining things?

Anyway, good to see an able servant of Zimbabwe Cricket returning home.

pup11

International Coach
Well Price's comeback is good for Zimbabwe but i can't see him bringing any great change in the fortunes of Zimbabwean cricket.
I guess Ervine might be the next man to comeback to Zimbabwe when he realises that he won't ever play for Australia or England.

sunilreddy

Banned
Good for Zimbabwe. 69 wickets in 18 test matches and economic rate of 4.07 in ODI's for a modern day spinner is not a joke.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Having a very good series against the West Indies, just needs to take a few more wickets. Sums up his bowling career really.