• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Navjot Singh Sidhu, the commentator

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Here's an interview of Sidhu that I found interesting. He talks about how he views on commentating, about his new found religiosity, about that incident/accident that saw him booked for homicide, and other stuff.

This guy is unique. As for his commentary, it can get irritating sometimes. But it also serves as a breath of fresh air, some individuality and colour in a tedious (listeners point of view..) job.

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=18426

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I really thought he was funny and all when he started of , he was amusing , he was like a totally different sort of a commentator made the game enjoyable a lot more , but lately i feel hes just over doing it a lot every sentence he speaks seems to be a quote and that can be a bit annoying most times now

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yes I guess the novelty has worn off somewhat.

Great interview though. He is very frank and it is always interesting to get inside the minds of people like that.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
This guy annoyed me so much when he was commentating in New Zealand recently.. It got to the point where I put the TV on Mute when he was on.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
When I first heard him i cracked up everytime with his quotes, but 7 ODI's with his commentary in NZ recently got me really sick of him.

I think his popularity will decline as fast as it increased.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I have to say he's started annoying then just got worse. At least at 1st it sounded like he was being original but soon it seems like he is just doing it to keep the show going. It all just gets a bit silly.

krkode

State Captain
I don't get to watch cricket/listen to commentary where I am, so could you tell me what made Siddhu annoying? I'm just curious :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
krkode said:
I don't get to watch cricket/listen to commentary where I am, so could you tell me what made Siddhu annoying? I'm just curious :D
The fact that he speaks never ending ammounts of total rubbish...